The following rifle is for sale.

I am including the following items
- The Warner rear sight system, plus Tubbs front ladder sight,
- Pelican 1700 Hard case
- Barrel vice and Key
- A few barrels .308,(Palma with 1-13 twist) 308 with 1-10 twist and 6mmBr
- A number of 10 shot Magazine plus single shot block

Serial Number is unique 0308

Since this Rifle was last listed I have not shot it so same information applies.

There is a question might crop up in relation to proofing, I was in touch with the Birmingham Proof house and they can proof it for £19 for the 308 barrels and £28 for the 6mm Br barre. The process is a simple one.

The total price for this Rifle and equipment is E5,500.00.

Would be happy to speak with any interested parties

360514092_TubbSide1.thumb.jpg.3fcbc080409915c85740bbff9381c5da.jpg

The Rifle is in perfect condition; it really is a lovely piece of kit and is unique in many ways. It has a polymer piston system which you can change to increase or decrease felt recoil, which can be an advantage when shooting light loads at high velocity. If anybody has any questions please feel free to contact me.
There is a Palma barrel with it, which has had less then 200 factory rounds fired through it.
The 6mmBr barrel has had less, and the standard .308 1-10 twist has had 250 rounds.

Barrel Configuration
All TUBB 2000 rifles feature a hand-lapped Schneider stainless steel match barrel with the exclusive "Tubb Contour." This unique contour maximizes accuracy and minimizes weight -- it's the perfect balance. According to David: "It's a contour where the barrel wouldn't shoot one bit better if it was one bit bigger." The TUBB 2000 was conceived as a "switch barrel" gun -- it's designed to be easily re-barreled by the customer. This feature means that the same rifle can support different calibers and shooting disciplines.

196529894_Tubbdis-assy.thumb.jpg.29624169990ac2f6a0001157c45a2f5c.jpg

The TUBB 2000 was designed by David Tubb, one of the USs top high power and silhouette shooters. After winning 11 national high power rifle championships, David set out to reconcile the inherent disagreement present when a shooters muscular-skeletal system seeks to hold a rigid steel shaft with maximum precision.
Buttstock, cheek piece, for-end, sight position, trigger almost every component of this rifle is fully adjustable so that a shooter can hold exactly the right position across the course of fire. Whats more, the components are indexed so the adjustments can be quickly repeated during a match. No matter how your body is built and what position you are shooting, this rifle will fit you.

1120742904_Tubbcloseupaction.thumb.jpg.8ff6d2cbd50ef099d6c47d52a8022a7b.jpg

Trigger, Stock Adjustment and Other Features
The TUBB 2000 uses the superb Anschütz® fully-adjustable two-stage trigger (with safety); it's the finest available to the precision rifleman. This trigger can also be adjusted to provide single-stage operation.

The buttstock is FULLY adjustable for length, height, cant (angle), and offset. The cheekpiece is adjustable for height. An easily accessible knurled wheel allows the shooter to adjust the cheekpiece from the shooting position. Shooter comfort is further augmented by an ergonomic pistol grip. All adjustment features on the TUBB 2000 were designed for easy shooter access.

269025267_TubbFrontsight.thumb.jpg.d29c838cd9406531962e00655bb0b0e1.jpg

Ref:

Taken from http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek016.html

For those unfamiliar with David Tubbs the following video will enlighten

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

suggest you get it proofed before advertising for sale in the UK

Its a requirement that any firearm is or has current proof certificate / markings BEFORE sale 

The unproofed rifle and barrels cannot, without current proof be sold to anyone other than an RFD in the UK

If anyone buys it without (whonisnt RFD, your both committing an offence under the Firearms Act 

He's in Ireland, and they aren't part of the CiP clique, so they have no need to get anything proofed!

Therefore he isn't liable to UK law and is free to sell/export his rifle anywhere

A rifle coming in to the UK doesn't need to be proofed unless it is being offered for sale or the import being handled by an RFD, who must submit it for proof within 7 days, or notify one or both of the Proof Houses

All the firearms that come into the UK from non CiP affiliated countries such as the US, Japan, S America etc don't get proofed until they get here

If it is a private import, there is no requirement to proof the firearm until the owner decides to sell it, if he collects it from the shipper/customs/port of entry, he merely shows them his authority to possess/import papers, takes it home and then notifies his licensing authority within the required 7 days

Mark,

But if he then uses this untested rifle say at Bisley and it gives way then surely he will be liable, no insurance etc. i.e. the owner had not executed duty of care. If it 'does not matter' if a firearm has any type of basic test then someone who carelessly drills holes into the the receiver to say mount some scope base can do so without and redress to proof - sorry, does not add up.

Who enters the firearm onto his license? the import company cannot (unless they are also an RFD), nor can customs or police, so you fill in the slot yourself?

All a bit iffy.

30 minutes ago, terryh said:

Mark,

But if he then uses this untested rifle say at Bisley and it gives way then surely he will be liable, no insurance etc. i.e. the owner had not executed duty of care. If it 'does not matter' if a firearm has any type of basic test then someone who carelessly drills holes into the the receiver to say mount some scope base can do so without and redress to proof - sorry, does not add up.

Who enters the firearm onto his license? the import company cannot (unless they are also an RFD), nor can customs or police, so you fill in the slot yourself?

All a bit iffy.

Nothing is iffy and this is all besides the point as he is in Ireland and is unlikely to be shooting at Bisley.

If someone in the UK was to import it with an official import license....which is your FAC!!!!! , collect it from the port and take it to Bisley and shoot it, no laws are being broken

There is nothing to say anywhere (as far as I know) that you can only shoot "Proved" firearms on the relevant ranges

Why do you all read more into these things than is necessary?

Who enters it onto the license? the buyer does and then informs his Feds within the required 7 days that he has acquired it via personal importation, it's not some great mystery

Duty of care? It would be no different to some Euro F Classer or Intl Palma shooter bringing their rifle to Bisley and shooting in a European or World Championships

Go and tell Mid Tomkins or Nancy that if they want to shoot in the Imperial next year they have to submit their rifles for proof.....

This is ridiculous

Jeez! you really are controlled conformists

Mark,

Trying to avoid an posting ping pong here but (as I have a few moments on my hands :) ) :

True, the gent is in Ireland but advertising to sell on a (primarily) UK based web site i.e. his target audience is here in the UK

True, there is no 'rule' (but have not actually looked, take you at your word) saying a rifle has to be or have an acceptable test to be used at Bisley (or any MOD range for that matter)

But if you think that not having some form of proof or evidence/certification or such would not matter if there was any form of incident you are 100% out of touch with reality. 'You' are responsible for your actions (no pun) and as such if any investigation found you to have 'skipped' any process all the blame will fall onto your shoulders as organisation like to point fingers away from themselves and find 'blame'. This is not being a 'controlled conformist' just a realist and one who would be in the dock if i skipped anything related to my company.

I 'assume' you have some form of liability insurance - why, if things such as basic 'confirming' to a standard does not matter?

T

Rubbish

I said there is no legal requirement

You choose to read it as you will (something I have noticed with several of the moderators here over the years), but if you were to go to Texas and buy a rifle from your beloved Terry Cross, shoot it in Texas and then bring it here, would it be then deemed unsafe to fire in the UK until Proved?

There is no legal requirement to proof your own property unless you are offering it for sale

The Tubb owner is outside the UK so free from our laws, he can do as he pleases

If you don't like that then make a new sales rule stating that only Firearms from within the UK may be offered for sale on this forum, but telling him he has to get it proofed before offering it for sale is asinine....there are no proof houses in Ireland!

Bradders is absolutely correct, Had a run in with the proof house over this. Also remember the proof house carries no liability regarding any weapon failing after proof.

31 minutes ago, dorg said:

Bradders is absolutely correct, Had a run in with the proof house over this. Also remember the proof house carries no liability regarding any weapon failing after proof.

But the moderators say it's something different, and if you challenge their point of view....other moderators suddenly appear in the thread to tell you you're wrong

1 hour ago, bradders said:

But the moderators say it's something different, and if you challenge their point of view....other moderators suddenly appear in the thread to tell you you're wrong

Well, I think you're right :)

On 12/6/2018 at 9:44 PM, Nicholas F said:

The following rifle is for sale.

I am including the following items
- The Warner rear sight system, plus Tubbs front ladder sight,
- Pelican 1700 Hard case
- Barrel vice and Key
- A few barrels .308,(Palma with 1-13 twist) 308 with 1-10 twist and 6mmBr
- A number of 10 shot Magazine plus single shot block

Serial Number is unique 0308

Since this Rifle was last listed I have not shot it so same information applies.

There is a question might crop up in relation to proofing, I was in touch with the Birmingham Proof house and they can proof it for £19 for the 308 barrels and £28 for the 6mm Br barre. The process is a simple one.

The total price for this Rifle and equipment is E5,500.00.

Would be happy to speak with any interested parties

360514092_TubbSide1.thumb.jpg.3fcbc080409915c85740bbff9381c5da.jpg

The Rifle is in perfect condition; it really is a lovely piece of kit and is unique in many ways. It has a polymer piston system which you can change to increase or decrease felt recoil, which can be an advantage when shooting light loads at high velocity. If anybody has any questions please feel free to contact me.
There is a Palma barrel with it, which has had less then 200 factory rounds fired through it.
The 6mmBr barrel has had less, and the standard .308 1-10 twist has had 250 rounds.

Barrel Configuration
All TUBB 2000 rifles feature a hand-lapped Schneider stainless steel match barrel with the exclusive "Tubb Contour." This unique contour maximizes accuracy and minimizes weight -- it's the perfect balance. According to David: "It's a contour where the barrel wouldn't shoot one bit better if it was one bit bigger." The TUBB 2000 was conceived as a "switch barrel" gun -- it's designed to be easily re-barreled by the customer. This feature means that the same rifle can support different calibers and shooting disciplines.

196529894_Tubbdis-assy.thumb.jpg.29624169990ac2f6a0001157c45a2f5c.jpg

The TUBB 2000 was designed by David Tubb, one of the USs top high power and silhouette shooters. After winning 11 national high power rifle championships, David set out to reconcile the inherent disagreement present when a shooters muscular-skeletal system seeks to hold a rigid steel shaft with maximum precision.
Buttstock, cheek piece, for-end, sight position, trigger almost every component of this rifle is fully adjustable so that a shooter can hold exactly the right position across the course of fire. Whats more, the components are indexed so the adjustments can be quickly repeated during a match. No matter how your body is built and what position you are shooting, this rifle will fit you.

1120742904_Tubbcloseupaction.thumb.jpg.8ff6d2cbd50ef099d6c47d52a8022a7b.jpg

Trigger, Stock Adjustment and Other Features
The TUBB 2000 uses the superb Anschütz® fully-adjustable two-stage trigger (with safety); it's the finest available to the precision rifleman. This trigger can also be adjusted to provide single-stage operation.

The buttstock is FULLY adjustable for length, height, cant (angle), and offset. The cheekpiece is adjustable for height. An easily accessible knurled wheel allows the shooter to adjust the cheekpiece from the shooting position. Shooter comfort is further augmented by an ergonomic pistol grip. All adjustment features on the TUBB 2000 were designed for easy shooter access.

269025267_TubbFrontsight.thumb.jpg.d29c838cd9406531962e00655bb0b0e1.jpg

Ref:

Taken from http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek016.html

For those unfamiliar with David Tubbs the following video will enlighten

Bump

Hi All,

Thanks for your advice, as mentioned the process is clear, If someone buys the rifle and licenses It in the UK then under UK licensing it would have to be proofed. This process is a simple one as mentioned in the add. As for shooting in Bisley I have done, I spent five years studying in London and left my rifle in the armory in the hope I could shoot on the weekends, unfortunately due to academic loading I was only able to get down on one occasion. I have also shot in Ballykinlear in Northern Ireland.. without any problem.

Appreciate the input

Nicholas 

1 hour ago, Nicholas F said:

Hi All,

Thanks for your advice, as mentioned the process is clear, If someone buys the rifle and licenses It in the UK then under UK licensing it would have to be proofed. This process is a simple one as mentioned in the add. As for shooting in Bisley I have done, I spent five years studying in London and left my rifle in the armory in the hope I could shoot on the weekends, unfortunately due to academic loading I was only able to get down on one occasion. I have also shot in Ballykinlear in Northern Ireland.. without any problem.

Appreciate the input

Nicholas 

No it doesn't, you're as bad as the rest! 🤔

It only needs proofing if the transfer to the UK is through a dealer, if it's a direct import then it doesn't require proofing ever, unless the purchaser decides to sell it one day

UK reqt (paragraph 4.2.2):

20181221_081052.thumb.png.5af8f1a0f364fb30a80ef2883e5a1525.png

Eire reqt: 

Screenshot_20181221-080952.thumb.png.532312e61cdab08ec64b05cfc8d32b14.png

So the admin is absolutely simple. :)

As regards UK proof:

Unless UK proofing laws have changed (if so, anyone saying so, please show text) proof reqts relate only to transfers within UK.

As regards Irish proof:

Clearly, as regards Irish proof, the seller would have to meet Irish legal reqts to effect the transfer- otherwise he'd be breaking Irish Law.

Thus, from a UK perspective,  I believe Bradders is 100% correct (although, I'd delete the word 'direct' and insert the word 'personal', and insert 'UK' before the word 'proofing', for increased clarity :))

8 hours ago, bradders said:

if it's a direct import then it doesn't require proofing ever, unless the purchaser decides to sell it one day

:)

Understandably, some people feel they'd be 'comfier' having the rifle UK proofed, and that's fine, but that's a different and personal choice, and care should be taken to ensure that that personal choice isn't erroneously conflated with the Statute realities of the situation.

Clearly, as with everything, it's caveat emptor, and all responsible for their own actions, but, the process looks pretty straightforward  and unambiguous to my eye.

Good luck with the sale! :)

(I'd love to own a l/h Tubb!)

[Nicholas: Given your last post, perhaps it'd help if you were to clarify whether the rifle is already in UK on a UK FAC (which is a total game changer transfer and proof-wise) or in Eire on an Irish FAC-equivalent?]

On 12/21/2018 at 9:17 PM, TWG1 said:

Agree with Bradders only need proof when sold on. 

If a personal import fac with a vacant slot for that cal acts as import licence / authority to import.

Keith

So who would take delivery / collect it and who would fill in the buyers FAC ? dodgy ground .

As soon as an RFD puts it on their register they cant release it to an FAC holder until its proofed.

On 12/21/2018 at 8:30 AM, brown dog said:

UK reqt (paragraph 4.2.2):

20181221_081052.thumb.png.5af8f1a0f364fb30a80ef2883e5a1525.png

Eire reqt: 

Screenshot_20181221-080952.thumb.png.532312e61cdab08ec64b05cfc8d32b14.png

So the admin is absolutely simple. :)

As regards UK proof:

Unless UK proofing laws have changed (if so, anyone saying so, please show text) proof reqts relate only to transfers within UK.

As regards Irish proof:

Clearly, as regards Irish proof, the seller would have to meet Irish legal reqts to effect the transfer- otherwise he'd be breaking Irish Law.

Thus, from a UK perspective,  I believe Bradders is 100% correct (although, I'd delete the word 'direct' and insert the word 'personal', and insert 'UK' before the word 'proofing', for increased clarity :))

:)

Understandably, some people feel they'd be 'comfier' having the rifle UK proofed, and that's fine, but that's a different and personal choice, and care should be taken to ensure that that personal choice isn't erroneously conflated with the Statute realities of the situation.

Clearly, as with everything, it's caveat emptor, and all responsible for their own actions, but, the process looks pretty straightforward  and unambiguous to my eye.

Good luck with the sale! :)

(I'd love to own a l/h Tubb!)

[Nicholas: Given your last post, perhaps it'd help if you were to clarify whether the rifle is already in UK on a UK FAC (which is a total game changer transfer and proof-wise) or in Eire on an Irish FAC-equivalent?]

This !

Archived