Scope mounted lamps and mods

Yeah it needs cleaning looking at the photo but when my phone uses the flash it really emphasises the dust particles.it doesn't look like that with the naked eye.the lenses get cleaned very regularly but when my rifle goes in my gun case all the dust dives on my scope.

Get yourself a digiceptor and a thermal spotter and you'll see everything that's out there!!!, I've  been shooting with a lamp for 40 years now and never thought I'd get into night vision, but after first buying a nitesite eagle 4 years ago,and spending God knows how much more money since,it's definitely the best way to control rabbits and foxes, just bad for your wallet 😂😂

That's what thermals are for, there's been times when I've seen people out on land were they weren't meant to be only because I had a thermal spotter. Travellers are using night vision round here so if we're out with a light they know we're there but we won't see them which could again prove interesting! .which scope did you have a look through bud? There's a world of difference in scopes and spotters. Some NV I've seen Ide rather use a lamp. 

Me and my three mates were saying that next year on the stubble  we will have a night out old school with lamp and rifle. Bet we still take a thermal spotter or two with us though!

I totally agree it's more of a challenge using a lamp but we're not always out just because we want to it started with my mates farmer he works for losing 25 plus lambs and having to move sheep off a large acreage of marsh a few years back.Now we keep on top of a large  acreage  for farmers and a couple of shoots.it now looks like we are going down the being paid for it root which will mean operating in town and country. 

2 hours ago, Montey said:

That's what thermals are for, there's been times when I've seen people out on land were they weren't meant to be only because I had a thermal spotter. Travellers are using night vision round here so if we're out with a light they know we're there but we won't see them which could again prove interesting! .which scope did you have a look through bud? There's a world of difference in scopes and spotters. Some NV I've seen Ide rather use a lamp. 

Me and my three mates were saying that next year on the stubble  we will have a night out old school with lamp and rifle. Bet we still take a thermal spotter or two with us though!

Exactly, I was sitting up a hiseat the other night looking through the thermal, and a dog walker came walking up a track in front of me, NO footpath there,and no torch!!! I wondered how long it would be before the do as you likeys got thermal, like you say that will make it interesting!! I still love shooting foxes on the lamp and always will for the first few nights on stubble, after that, it's lamp man spots fox, turns off lamp, and fires up thermal to watch, then it's all in the dark with drone, poor old driver hates it though.

If you've got a lot of stuff to shoot and/or it needs shooting ASAP, NV/thermal is a no brainer. You see such a huge amount more life going on with a thermal spotter, its a revelation.

If you got too shoot the foxes desperate at all costs then NV and thermal is the way forward for you.i am happy to carry on lamping.ive not got the funds to buy NV or thermal and a rifle dedicated purely for foxing

Archived