Accuracy International

gazzarM1

Accuracy international thread their barrels M18x1.5

I don’t know what the thread is at the end of the Tac Brake. The options you have is do away with the brake, and buy a suppressor from a manufacturer which use the thread 18x1.5 such as ASE Ultra or MAE for example. 

Get your barrel re threaded to the more common 18x1, if you already own moderators in this thread?

Or continue to use the AI tac brake and not purchase the AI over brake, and use one from One Less Charlie for example. 

Re threading to 18x1 could cost you an inch and proof house fee`s , possibly £150 all in  , if you go down to 16mm or 17mm you`ll keep the length but should still get if re proofed  but again around £150 all in  .

Whats the thread in your brake ? Hausken do adaptor nuts with an internal thread of M18X1.5 and an external of M20X1 for around £20, this may be the answer.

5 hours ago, gazzarM1 said:

What thread is on the muzzle of an AT  ? I have the muzzle break with the thread on to take their moderator but dont want to spend  six hundred quid on the AI one

Take the brake off and get the ASE Utra Borelock brake/mod. 

E8B7ECC9-F654-4E1D-A69E-C0A288C7B8CD.jpeg

1 hour ago, markymark said:

Trouble is on an AI you will still see the exposed steel of the spigot that will have been cut behind the thread. Even once the ASE brake is on. 

I ordered my AI barrel without the spigot or the flats. 

Re cost: The mod was £417 and the brake £91 back when I bought it in 2015. 

The muzzle thread is M18 x1.5.

The brake thread is the same, but LEFT hand.

Most moderator manufacturers do the 18 x 1.5 pitch...certainly ASE do, sold loads of them, and use one myself. I have a normal Jet-z on the 6.5's and an Sl7 on the AW338. I tend to use the brake and AI mod mainly though, on the .338. The rotation of the gas unwinds a normal mod, hence the left hand thread on the AI brake/mod interface. It actually tightens.

On 11/22/2018 at 11:16 AM, Gluv said:

The AI mod can be a pain in the arse to get off unless you take it off and give the threads a good scrub every 60 rounds or so (.338)

Gluv🇬🇧

True

I now put a light smear of bore tech extreme grease or generic copper grease on the threads (of all my barrel/mods including AI) every time I change from mod to thread protector and back again

seems to help

Archived