UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
joeh917

Squirrels.

But don't you know that squirrels helped Britain win the war?

If one suspected someone of being a German spy one was told to trick them into saying the word 'squirrel' which as VarmLR pointed out earlier would come out as 'skwiwwor' on account of Germans not being able to pronounce the word.

I was conflicted for a while about black squirrels until I found out that they are just a sub-group of greys so...black squirrels, bad (in the UK).

Edited by Paul Cat
If a woman can change her mind then so can I.

41 minutes ago, Re-Pete said:

Bob57, I hope we're cool, now..........😎

Pete

That's why I gave you a thumb Pete, we're cool man👍

1 hour ago, sako said:

I shoot squirrels as it's the only source of meat round here.

You poor b#####d,send me your address ,I'll get some pheasant,partridge,duck, rabbit,hare,and venison up to you 😂😂

9 minutes ago, joeh917 said:

That was interesting and as it says more people like greys than dislike them. I am concerned about the virus though but wont it burn itself out in the end like other diseases do.

They've been here since 1870, no sign of burning out yet

18 minutes ago, joeh917 said:

That was interesting and as it says more people like greys than dislike them. I am concerned about the virus though but wont it burn itself out in the end like other diseases do.

Its not a case of liking them or not , you should not get emotional over wildlife`s appearances and compare them to characters  in fairy tales  , we have to manage invasive species of wildlife like an adult , not a blubbering primary school child. .

38 minutes ago, Moorlander said:

Its not a case of liking them or not , you should not get emotional over wildlife`s appearances and compare them to characters  in fairy tales  , we have to manage invasive species of wildlife like an adult , not a blubbering primary school child. .

sometimes a "like" button  seems like a useful addition. 👍

On 11/28/2018 at 7:39 PM, joeh917 said:

No.  I don't dislike them at all, but I would be happy to know that they exist in their native range.  Here they are an alien species which is causing the demise and ultimately the extinction of native red squirrels in Britain.  Therefore they should and must be eradicated, at least outside of urban areas.  No matter how cute they look. 

"Therefore they should and must be eradicated.".....................are you seriously suggesting that I sit out in the pouring rain with my air rifle trying to stop Mr. Nutkin from getting at my bird feeders???

Re-Pete

Can't get a decent backstop..................and besides, I'm not so bootless and unhorsed that I'd ever consider eating 'em.

17 hours ago, Re-Pete said:

Can't get a decent backstop...... I've heard that a lot of late.;)

............and besides, I'm not so bootless and unhorsed that I'd ever consider eating 'em......   they taste  like vegans ;)

Can the moderators not put a stop to this thread it's painfully obvious it's been started by a non shooter.

ive seen threads stoped on here before so come on chaps do your job.

or have things got to get too such a point of of outrageously out of control as and when some one has had enough of the bunny huger. This is ukvarminting PC after all.

8 hours ago, Montey said:

Can the moderators not put a stop to this thread it's painfully obvious it's been started by a non shooter.

ive seen threads stoped on here before so come on chaps do your job.

or have things got to get too such a point of of outrageously out of control as and when some one has had enough of the bunny huger. This is ukvarminting PC after all.

If you dont like it why do you keep reading it ? 🙄

Will someone please correct the title in this thread?

Suirrels has been really pi**ing me off, has no one else even noticed? 🤨

7 minutes ago, bradders said:

If I got p***ed off about every mistake in spelling and grammar on UKV, I wouldn't have much time left to accomplish anything...

maximus otter

11 minutes ago, bradders said:

It was noted post # 2,  and an appropriate helpful link given. ;)

2 minutes ago, maximus otter said:

If I got p***ed off about every mistake in spelling and grammar on UKV, I wouldn't have much time left to accomplish anything...

maximus otter

:DB)

Bradders + 1.........I taught English for a while, and it REALLY annoys me............

Re-Pete

Morlander it's my only comment I've got better things to do with my time like killing tree rats in the day time and fluffy cuddly foxs at night and not  being brain washed by Walt Disney.

no more comment to make