Wiltshire Clubs?

JGD88

Hi all,

I am relocating to Wilts and was hoping someone here has experience, contacts or recommendations for a club around Salisbury?

Google shows me Salisbury Vintage RPC, Salisbury RPC and Tidworth RPC. I shoot historic (BP pistol, muzzle loaders, Martini and Snider) through to more modern service rifles (Enfield, Masuer, Mosin) and then straight pulls. Ideally I'm looking for a club that can use MoD ranges and any recommendations or info would be appreciated. Keen to get involved with an active club.

Ta,

James

James,

FDPC (link: http://fdpc-admin.wixsite.com/fdpc-website ) is a very active club with its own indoor ranges (9 lanes x 25m & 9 lanes x 50m , 3 of the 50m are none HME FB). good bunch of divers shooters.

Regular shoots and competitions on the local MOD ranges plus arranged trips to Bisley and occasional Orion.

Brgds Terry

Hi Terry, 

Thanks very much for the info. The club looks fantastic, alas I am looking for something in the Salisbury area (within a 20-30 minute commute). I wish Frome was closer! The setup sounds ideal.

I've had a few recommendations to look into and thanks for the heads up :)

Ta,

James

Salisbury Vintage does a lot of classic service rifle shooting and a fair bit of black powder. 

Most range days are at a 25yd gallery range at Old Sarum, or one of the MOD ranges at Bulford Camp, or the NSC at Bisley.

Let me know if you’re interested in more information about the club or attending a guest day.

52 minutes ago, Anaxes said:

Salisbury Vintage does a lot of classic service rifle shooting and a fair bit of black powder. 

Most range days are at a 25yd gallery range at Old Sarum, or one of the MOD ranges at Bulford Camp, or the NSC at Bisley.

Let me know if you’re interested in more information about the club or attending a guest day.

Very interested. PM inbound

There was a FCSA shoot on the plains not far from Upavon on the Javelin test range but currently not running at the moment as the templates were taken away as some snooty officer thought civilians shouldn't be shooting 50 cals and the 50 cal ban thing got under way around the same time.something like that...!

If a javelin missle can be tested there then a piddly 50 cal to me is insignificance in comparison....!

It was a great shoot and hopefully things will be sorted soon and it can go back to normal.

Archived