What scope?

Darren R

Got a Tikka Super Varmint in 223 coming. Will be used for Vermin control but mainly informal target shooting. Have a Vortex Viper on my other rifle which I get on ok with. 

Would like some ideas, opinions on other scopes that people are using around the £1000 mark. 

New or used?

I assume you need turrets? 

Lots of good SH scopes come up on here if you keep your eye open. 

Nightforce come up quite regularly around £1000.

I use an older Zeiss Diavari 6-24x56 on mine and payed  £1200 for a good used one. Great scope with a really nice illuminated dot Ret. 

8 minutes ago, trucraft said:

New or used?

I assume you need turrets? 

Lots of good SH scopes come up on here if you keep your eye open. 

Nightforce come up quite regularly around £1000.

I use an older Zeiss Diavari 6-24x56 on mine and payed  £1200 for a good used one. Great scope with a really nice illuminated dot Ret. 

I’d go for either new or used. Nothing set in stone and open minded. 

Would prefer turret type yes. 

A scope which has hugely impressed me, and one I have purchased for my 6.5Creedmoor is the Delta STRYKER ED 4.5-30x56 HD FFP Illuminated Mil Mil Riflescope.  Si Snipe on here provided it - check him out.  Super genuine fellow.  Believe me I looked at the LOT from Kahles, Swaro, the new Zeiss through to Hawke Sidewinders - nothing wrong with those for the money as I have two.  For a little less money the Bushnell DMR is good.

Bushnell DMR, Vortex Gen2 Viper or Delta Stryker as above.  All great scopes for the purpose.  Most robust is the DMR and imho, it has the most positive turrets.  Viper Gen 2 is up there with the glass quality of the Razor Gen1...really a leap forward compared with the Gen1.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 7:51 PM, David Hancock said:

A scope which has hugely impressed me, and one I have purchased for my 6.5Creedmoor is the Delta STRYKER ED 4.5-30x56 HD FFP Illuminated Mil Mil Riflescope.  Si Snipe on here provided it - check him out.  Super genuine fellow.  Believe me I looked at the LOT from Kahles, Swaro, the new Zeiss through to Hawke Sidewinders - nothing wrong with those for the money as I have two.  For a little less money the Bushnell DMR is good.

Hi there

I have been looking at the Zeiss V6 5-30, how did the Delta Stryker compare to it with regards to glass quality?

Have a look at the high end Bushy , LRHS  in 3-12 or 4-18x , the low profile turret jobie , the glass & adjustmnets are very nice , have used the 3-12x version for a while on my 22 Hornet , and love the scope , solid , good glass , cant fault it .

Cheers  Chris

Archived