LED scope mounted lamps

Ive been using the handheld deben striker 210 for several years and ive lost contact with the more modern LED lamps.What can you recommend in a scope mounted set up.it will be going on a centerfire rifle.seems like my lamping partner can't be bothered to walk anymore ?

I seen a comparison test between the new wicked lamp and the sniper hogg 66 lamp which looked a close match.for me It would be essential for the beam to be bang on in line with the view through the scope.

1 hour ago, No i deer said:

I seen a comparison test between the new wicked lamp and the sniper hogg 66 lamp which looked a close match.for me It would be essential for the beam to be bang on in line with the view through the scope.

Hog is a 100 quid cheaper and is getting good reviews, hard to justify giving SC an extra oner.

Alignment will be the same issue whatever torch you get. The best mounts I've tried are the 3D printed ones from Andy @ Ludircous Lumens, or these type https://bestfoxcall.co.uk/product/sniper-hog-adjustable-torch-mount/ but I'm sure you can find these cheaper such as (if it loads) 

3 hours ago, lapua said:

Those adjustable torch mounts are weak and terrible, better to use a pair of rings and shim the torch with bits of coke can to get it aligned properly and make sure it doesnt move when youre out with it

Both types have worked perfectly fine for me on Photons, Drones and various addons. Shimming rings is fine and deffo the most robust answer especially good if its a permanent install, for add-on use or torches which are moved on/off or between rifles however personally I find them a ball ache, each to their own I guess!

Archived