UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts

Out other night after fox sat in high seat overlooking bait station, was so cold at one point actually thought I was going to die 😂 after having quick look fancy bib type thermal suit,cover kidneys must be quiet ,warm ,breathable, could use for odd Wildfowl session recommendations please 

thanks in advance lee 

If you only looking for a cheaper one I brought a jack pyke hunters bib and brace. It does the job ideal. I got mine on offer for about £15.

Seems to be merino and merino ? Some cheap ish some expensive? Outdoors places vast array ,stick the words hunting base layers price rockets ? Are you using a particular brand etc 

regards lee 

1 hour ago, Rammer223 said:

Seems to be merino and merino ? Some cheap ish some expensive? Outdoors places vast array ,stick the words hunting base layers price rockets ? Are you using a particular brand etc 

regards lee 

Mostly Howies

Icebreaker is also excellent. Both come in various weights, i.e. thicknesses; the heavier (warmer), the more expensive.

maximus otter

Use a thermarest seat pad, stops the heat being sucked out of your body by the cold seat. Bib and brace is ok but a real problem if you have to take a “wild one”

Never thought of it like that lol 😂 

i have semi decent top layers on reflection good base layer might be the way to go, only sat on plastic garden chair in tree house/box 

regards lee 

I get my merino from mountain warehouse, for me the zip neck long sleeve and t shirt covers most of my needs. The long sleeve has thumb holes to help keep cuffs down.

https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/mens/base-layers/mens-merino-thermals/

never needed the heavy weight ones, but they’re usually under a fleece of some description.