.243 load

Beardog

you just have to love "long range shooters",much more useful to the anti,s putting this sort of thing on an open forum ! better to ask for a flatish shooting load for your steel plate /water jug etc out to 400 yards,think before you post .we are being watched.

What banus 02 just said..........chances of wounding increase exponentially over 150yds.

The skill is in getting close enough to make it impossible to miss a one shot kill.

If you want to shoot long range, take up target shooting and try hitting a 5" circle at 1000yds....................

Re-Pete

Well,the last 3 replies killed this post deader than a long range shot and have been bugging me.

So, ootot what is the max ethical range to shoot a fox with a 243cal rifle??bearing in mind not all foxes call in like a starving greyhound.

Why should we worry about what the antis think,this is UK varminting after all, not UK steel and water jug busters?.And not a crime to shoot a 400 yd fox!! The antis can fill their boots with long range animal shooting on YouTube so what's the problem.

The last reply made me laugh though, as the first fox I've missed in a long while was a 35 yard impossible to miss shot??

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, and don't shoot at 400 yd foxes but don't see the problem if you have the right equipment and ability, anyway there's plenty of riflemen out there that think 400 is really 200 yards so maybe it's nothing to worry about.

On 10/28/2018 at 7:25 PM, One on top of two said:

400 yards is unethical shooting , try using a bit of feild craft and call it in . If you wound it your not going to find it . 

Glad you know you limits. For lots of shooters on here a shot at that range will be meat and drink

Well I wouldn't fancy eating a fox..............and if I missed one at 35yds, I'd go to Specsavers.............

Re-Pete

Archived