Oceania Defence

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Scotch_egg said:

Get it shot Mark and let me know ?

Which model is it,  Does it use the ratchet lock? It would be good to hear what you think about it. 

I won't be shooting it, I'll leave that to the customer

No it isn't the Ratchet lock, and at £750 I don't think it's the suppressor that needs examining, it's your head!!!!

20 minutes ago, bradders said:

I won't be shooting it, I'll leave that to the customer

No it isn't the Ratchet lock, and at £750 I don't think it's the suppressor that needs examining, it's your head!!!!

? you aren’t the first person to says that Bradders. 

They are spendy but weigh less than 200 grams and have some good features. 

There is a taper forward of the threads on the muzzle brake  this stops carbon from leaching into the threads.  

As long as sound suppression is on par with other brands I don’t think the price is that bad.

From what I understand about them, they are printed titanium ?

Of course, the big advantage to printing, is that Labyrinth designs are available, that cannot be made by conventional methods.

They are supposed to be very quiet indeed.

I have had a chat with Phillip at Oceania Defence UK this afternoon. It was quite clear the Mil malarket is where these guys sell their wears. However Phillip was happy to chat about a single item purchase and explain the products. The Ti model weighs in at 175g. He advised that is would heat up after 10 rounds and give off a good mirage. He recommended the inconel model that weighs around 300g but handles sustained fire better and has a lower tone to the human ear. 

He is going to check on the availability of 18X1 brakes as they aren’t a stock item but they are expecting some for a contract in South Africa. Either way I also need a 5/8X24 so as soon as I can make up my mind Ti or inconel I will be ordering. 

1 hour ago, baldie said:

Heck, if they are making them in Inconel, they aren't messing about.

I shudder to think what they will cost.

Strangely it isn't listed on their website

I do know that the B&T Inconel suppressor os over £1000

When I went to the Mach 2016 machining show there was a Swedish company there that had made 3D printed cans and they said they'd sold their technology to a company in NZ who also make printed suppressors

The most interesting thing though was a 3D printed Eiffel Tower on their stand that was about 2ft tall from memory

That was very impressive

I have found a great article reviewing mods. 

http://www.rodandrifle.co.nz/supressor-test.html#/PhotoSwipe1540021909854

The Oceania’s have performed well in the tests, the ratchet model had the same DB reduction as my usual go to brand Ase Utra and is almost half the weight and that includes the muzzle brake. 

The inconel is the same price at the Ti mod. 

https://www.oceaniadefence.co.uk/product-page/copy-of-556-ratchet-lock-titanium-qd

52 minutes ago, Moorlander said:

I`ve never found the need for a moderator that does more the reduce noise to a level you do not need ear defenders  when stalking/hunting in open spaces , we all wear defenders at the range and confined spaces , I suppose theres a " Walting " value to some.

I always wear defenders with moderators too. The reason I bother moderating my rifles apart from looking like I'm the coolest fat old bloke in the SAS is because my club's neighbors can't hear the shots and thus don't get a pitchfork toting Mumsnet army to shut us down.