Mausingfield leftie

baldie

Not put anything up for a while, so I thought I'd share this one, as it was a little out of the ordinary.

The customer wanted a left handed stalking rifle for his son.

I sourced a left handed Mausingfield from good old Paddy, and off we went.

Time was a factor, and the customer couldn't wait for a left handed stock from McMillan, with their normal timescale of 6 months plus.

So we decided to convert a right handed one instead.

The Barrel, A bartlien 1-8" twist, in a Rem varmint profile was chosen, and chambered in .243 win. Muzzle threaded M18 x 1 and invisible capped.

It also takes a supplied A-tec Hertz moderator.

The barrel was finished in Cerakote Graphite black, to complement the DLC coating on the action.

Trigger is a jewel left handed unit.

Then the hard work started.

C50Uyep.jpg

The stock was drilled and steel pinned in both the ejection port and bolt slot. Into this went fibreglass strand and resin. On top of that went body filler.

The inside of this repair, was left deliberately rough, so the bedding compound could squeeze into it, and lock it all in place. Belt and braces, but its probably the strongest area in the stock now.

Then the floor plate was machined out and bedded in. Following that, the action was bedded. This gives bedding , all the way through the stock, and nothing can then move.

S8iN8eN.jpg

Once done, the new ejection port and bolt slot was cut.

Into the paint shop for a coat of self etching primer, then a hi build primer, the Duracoat in green and black.

wJMe064.jpg

The floor plate is a third eye unit, and it runs on American Rifle company magazines. These are designed for a CRF action, such as the Mausingfield, and are double stack, central feed, and as smooth as silk.

3dFEEhT.jpg

5NKip4v.jpg

Enjoyed building this one immensly.

FOpC6sm.jpg?1

Archived