amazing what you can find in B&Q coat your own gun

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is here the new all purpose duracoat it has been used for painting guns. It can now be bought from BQ in a spray tin . Its a wee bit expensive at £5.99

But if you fancy a go at your own gun I think it might take two tins to do it properly.

Photo020.jpg

Thats lovely Pete...we all look forward to seeing your Nesika blinged up with Homebases own Duracoat!!! :lol:

Na I wont bother,you see a Nesika is already a silk purse,so no need to try and make a silk purse from a pigs ear,

I may try some on an engine block though seems cheap enough,

it may also stay on a bit longer :lol:

If the engine blocks dodgy, painting it wont make it stay on any longer...buy a decent motor! ;)

you misundertand,when you rebuild an engine is always nice after acid dipping or sand blasting to re paint the block,makes a world of difference and very pleasing to the eye :lol:

just like making an old gun look pretty,but wont make it any better :lol:

I know what you meant, it does look nice and Duracoat (The real one) is used for that purpose too. ;)

seems real enough to me or are you saying the stuff in the can is fake ?? I hope not as isnt Duracoat there trade name ???

I will get a tin and contact the makers,just to check

As far as im aware its not the same stuff, but hey just to please im going to get some and do the test...just for a laugh, but please, go ahead and use it on you engine block. :lol:

Just for information, Duracoat, ie, LCW was designed solely as a Firearm coating, it has other applications that some people use it for like the car trade...but Homebase, as a milti surface spray paint...hmmm! ;)

seems real enough to me or are you saying the stuff in the can is fake ?? I hope not as isnt Duracoat there trade name ???

I will get a tin and contact the makers,just to check

err, I thought you were just joking.

Haven't checked, but I recall that Homebase duracoat is an interior wall paint (as in emulsion).

I'd recommend some google work.

err, I thought you were just joking.

Haven't checked, but I recall that Homebase duracoat is an interior wall paint (as in emulsion).

I'd recommend some google work.

:lol: so did everyone else... ;)

I cant wait to see how this copes with the heat, solvents and oils you use on your firearms. :lol: If its anything like plastikote it will last 2 minutes using Busches bore shine or shooters choice, but it is £heap... ^_^

4this is what i have found out to day

to clarify a few points on t his subject

b&q and homebase are not sister stores they are competitors

b&q does not sell duracaot home base does

this duracoat is their inhouse name for a range of emulsion based paint products

as fae as their technical dept are copncerned it is not the dracoat we hoped it was

hope this helps

to add to this

i phoned up my loacal homebase today to see if they stock it ,, they said "we do " any way when i get there they recon they dont

its a round trip for me of 20 miles anny way i goes home and i check on their webby and phone the same branch back with a stock code and again they say they do ,,, i was pissed off to say the least any way i goes back and ###### me they have it in stock to cut a long story short i created a bit of a scene in the shop about them being useless deciduous trees and they let me by 20 tins for a quid each resultttttttttttttttttttttt

James

I wouldnt laugh too much,not untill we find out a bit about it

Homebase White Duracoat Satin Finish Spray Paint - 400ml 052235

No customer reviews yet.

Homebase White Duracoat Satin Finish Spray Paint - 400ml

£5.49

Available In Store

Delivery not available via Internet on this item

Product detail

Customer Reviews (0)

Multi-purpose spray paint for use on virtually any surface.

For interior and exterior use.

Tough, hard wearing and resistant to scratches.

Very UV absorbent, water resistant,and will not fade or yellow.

Protects against rust and is fast drying.

WE?

Pete, I couldnt give a rats arse what you find out, no aerosol will be able to compete with a 2 pack process, ive got Mission specific Duracoat in cans I sell to the DPM boys and its a semi permanent finish.

Where are you are trying to go with this... :blush: Its quite simple, you get what you pay for, Krylon was the same thing, look what happended to that, it lasted a few outings and came off. :D

James my dear chap,calm down anyone would think you has something to hide,

I will personally ask Duracoat what there veiws are on this product as if its nothing to do with them and its NOT there product someone is in trouble for marketing it under there brand name of Duracoat

Oh and Duracoat does come off :D but lest not start on that one please

I will let you know straight away what I find out

Pete,

Why would you want to go to the bother to find this out if you don't sell the product or have any ties with the product other than trying to stir up the preverbial :D

Archived