Steel Targets Southern England?

Just wondering if there are any ranges in the south of the country that have steel targets at varying ranges?

I know Scotland and Wales do but was wondering if there is anything out there closer to home.

Thanks in advance!

Also FCSA on Salisbury plain if this damned 50 cal etc nonsense ever gets bottomed out...preferably binned where it belongs.

3 minutes ago, rimmie said:

Typical, would have to be hours away. 

Be great  to have something like this in the south east. Would like to dial out my .204 and stretch it’s legs

Interesting, you couldn't shoot that on a MoD facility or a range such as Bisley as the velocity far exceeds the imposed range limits, plus because of the velocity I'm not sure many people with steel targets would permit shooting at them because velocity kills steel, but if you have land to shoot on, can you not hang out your own gongs?

21 hours ago, rimmie said:

Typical, would have to be hours away. 

Be great  to have something like this in the south east. Would like to dial out my .204 and stretch it’s legs

Thats my problem too!

Bisley have a steel bison (or similar ruminant) at around 7-800yds..............what's the attraction of steel as opposed to paper, the clang?

Re-Pete

11 minutes ago, Re-Pete said:

Bisley have a steel bison (or similar ruminant) at around 7-800yds..............what's the attraction of steel as opposed to paper, the clang?

Re-Pete

Shoot at paper v bull and every time you hit it get someone to clang on a frying pan

Archived