UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
Chris100pc

Sightron Stac 2.5 - 17.5 x 56 MOA or Mil IR dot reticle

I think there was a brand new one on stalking directory being sold by mmbeatle

I’ve literally just messaged him, it’s the 4A reticle and I’d really like the MOA one with the illuminated centre dot. Sadly they are no longer on production and he hasn’t got one. Think it will be a SH one.

Thanks again for looking for me!

2 minutes ago, No i deer said:

He is selling a 20 mag model on the 1st page aswell

Yes he is but it’s only 50mm objective and it’s goind to be mainly night use so 56 would be so much better for me.

My mate has just bought the scope you're after from optics warehouse,try them.

3 hours ago, Chris100pc said:

Yes he is but it’s only 50mm objective and it’s goind to be mainly night use so 56 would be so much better for me.

You wouldn't see any difference 😉

1 minute ago, Bob57 said:

I spoke to them yesterday Bob and they hadn’t got the Reticle (MOA IR Dot)

They had only got the German 4 A IR dot. I think they’ve got 6 left.

Sorry mate I didn't take note of Ret, must say i looked through it today and thought it was a nice scope but didn't like the size of the dot, to big for long range vermin

Sorry mate I didn't take note of Ret, must say i looked through it today and thought it was a nice scope but didn't like the size of the dot, to big for long range vermin

Ive heard that said Bob, I’m not sure what to do!

it will be used mainly for Fox work, but maybe Deer also, that being the case it may work for me. 

Not a lot of use for LR target.

It will be fine for deer and I'd be happy using it on fox with the mag turned up ,but I wouldn't want to use it for long range small vermin. 

22 hours ago, Bob57 said:

This was primarily for night work (lamping) maybe.ive never tried the illuminated dot lamping.its never occurred to me to try.being an S Tac to me tac sez tacticool and maybe for use on human size fig11 fig12 type military targets which maybe why the dot is bigger.go on sightron website or a site that has the reticles and compare the dot size measurements.i think my S111 is 0.188 on 32 mag.less than 1/5 of an inch.i can quite easily aim anywhere inside the 5 inch vbull at 1000yds.not sure on the maths but I guess that 15 dots would fit in the 5 inch circle.if the dot in the STac is 0.250 inches then I can't see a problem using it on any target paper,fur,hair or feathers.its not ideal for 1000yds small targets but good for your purpose 😁

Atb No I deer 

S tac dot is 0.250 inches so it's really not much bigger.view one first if you can or order it and send it back if you don't like it.only go for illuminated dot not illuminated reticle.horrible things....!

Too much illumination

7 hours ago, No i deer said:

S tac dot is 0.250 inches so it's really not much bigger.view one first if you can or order it and send it back if you don't like it.only go for illuminated dot not illuminated reticle.horrible things....!

Too much illumination

I’m going to do some research about it this week, I’ve got a week off work...

6 hours ago, Chris100pc said:

I’m going to do some research about it this week, I’ve got a week off work...

Hi chris, had a look through scope again today, just for you after reading no I deer's  posts.At 300 yds on 10xmag the dot did not cover a 5"dia pot,could still see a fair bit of it and full mag no probs at all,so pleasantly surprised😃 .I was wrong,sorry. You will have no problem shooting smaller vermin at range ☺. Deceptive, as the dot looks large but doesn't cover as much as you think at range.for deer and fox I'd go for the 4a Ret, nice and uncluttered imo👍

4 hours ago, Chris100pc said:

That’s a nice bit of research Bob, thank you for that, looks like it may be the one for me.

Thanks 

Chris

No probs Chris, like banus said my mate also has the 2.5-15x 56 delta titanium  which we both prefer over the sightron,nice thickness cross hair and a smashing little dot where cross hairs cross over when illuminated.plus save yourself £100. think optics warehouse have one in stock

48 minutes ago, Bob57 said:

No probs Chris, like banus said my mate also has the 2.5-15x 56 delta titanium  which we both prefer over the sightron,nice thickness cross hair and a smashing little dot where cross hairs cross over when illuminated.plus save yourself £100. think optics warehouse have one in stock

That’s looks to be a better size Dot,  11 mm at 100 at x10.

I wounder if they are any good with NV addon, as sightron are supposed to be brilliant.

4 hours ago, banus02 said:

have a look at the delta titainium 2.5x18x50 illuminated a much better scope to my eyes.

I'll take a look Banus, the dot is smaller than the Stac according to the Opticswarehouse website. 

It does need to be good with my NV Addon too, I'll give them a ring to see if they have any info on NV suitability.

Thanks for the info.

good evening ,i use the delta for stalking and foxing using a lamp and a sniper cam and the scope is very good with both.good luck with your search .ian

Hi Banus, great news!

I don't suppose you have any Video footage from using the NV do you?

My NV is the LL Vulpine, but the Sniper Cam will give me an idea of how it looks.

Cheers

Chris