What scope would be classed suitable for Benchrest shooting and what type of reticle would be used ? Budget is £900.00.

shooting at diggle for 2019 so looking to purchase a scope rather than using one scope to cover Fclass and Benchrest.

Nick 

1 hour ago, Nick 53 said:

Thanks, I will use my sightron for both disciplines.

The 8-32x and better still the 10-50x Sightron S3's are fine scopes for LR benchrest, they may not be the very best in any area but Ive never felt they held me back any.

Getting your load right, building consistent ammunition and establishing a good gun handling/shooting technique all far outweigh any optical requirements IMHO.

Yes the gun handling is good, the loading of my ammo is good, still learning I think you never stop learning . My scope is 8-32 and very happy with the rifle and scope set up. My discipline is Fclass and I like the Benchrest I only wish I could shoot more Benchrest.its like vince says practice and practice gives great dividends and reflects on your scoring and wind reading which at diggle is one hell of a windy place. If you can combine everything and still hit the target and score then there is definitely an improvement. Work and family commitments reduce my attendance at times.

Archived