Storage for FAC application

rakirun

Hi all

I've been a target club member for more than a year now and would like to apply for my FAC, I have a cabinet and a safe for ammunition but in the flat I live in there isn't really an appropriate place to fix them. Now, I am in the process of buying a house (mortgage ready just need to find the right one) which will make life easier as I will have many more options of where to fix the safes. However as anyone who has bought a house knows it takes months. My question is: would I be able to apply for my FAC without storage in place and have the firearms stored at the club and once I have moved and got the safes installed have the FEO round to check them to approve storage at home? 

Yes as long as your club has the right storage facilities and lets you use them.

When applying for your FAC, there's a section you fill out which asks for the address of where you intend to store the firearms.

Once you've got your own place, you'll need to update your FAC with your new address details - and it's then that you state the firearms will now be stored with you. The FLO will need to first check the suitability of your new place (cabinet needs to be installed already) before you can move your guns from the club to your home.

Yes, if your club is willing to store for you but you will need to arrange for the guns to be secure from access by other club members. We allowed a chap to fix a gun safe in our armoury, he has the keys to that, we have the keys to the armoury. FEO happy.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived