Advice on QR Mounts for Yukon RT 6x50?

Ozalid

Hi All,

Just waiting for my new Yukon Photon RT 6x50S to arrive, it is initially going on my Sako Quad .17HMR.

I will want to swap it around between my .22LR and .223, so question is, what (reasonably priced) QR mounts should I get for the quad? 

Cheers,

Al

• 2 weeks later...

In most cases, the Yukon has to be mounted much further back than a normal scope because your eye needs to be in contact with the rubber eye cup to get a clear view of the display

Unfortunately, the tube on the scope is not long enough to get the eye cup in the correct position without using a set of reach forward mounts turned around so that the scope can be position far enough back.

These will do the job https://www.ant-supplies.uk/scope-ring-mounts/dovetail-scope-rings-forward-reach.html

but not quick release

Also - quick release mounts for an 11mm dovetail rail is that even a thing?

Cheers

Bruce

OK, but putting a picatinny rail on top of the existing dovetail and then fitting QR mounts on top of that is going to result in the Photon being pretty high above the scope - hope you've got a long neck!!

Cheers

Bruce

On 9/27/2018 at 10:27 AM, phoenix said:

OK, but putting a picatinny rail on top of the existing dovetail and then fitting QR mounts on top of that is going to result in the Photon being pretty high above the scope - hope you've got a long neck!!

Mate, I’m sure you know what you’re talking about, but you don’t need ‘reach forward’ mounts, although this is an option. However, you do need some way of making up the 3-4 inches of eye relief on a normal scope. I have used an extended Picatinny rail which works perfectly with QR mounts and allows removal and replacement of the scope with no loss of zero, you do need to shim the rear mount to make up for lack of vertical adjustment in the Yukon though, which is easy enough. This is how I’ve done it and no, it’s not too high, even for normal necks.

As you’ve now said you’ve got a Picatinny on the Quad then I can recommend the Recknagel poly lever mounts from Alan Rhône...ok they’re expensive but you get what you pay for in choice, quality and repeatability.  I’ve been using these for at least 5years now on both day and night scopes and my rifles are stored without scopes on.

If the underside of the RT’s camera housing is the same size as the XT’s then the 14mm’s will give you a perfect gnats cock clearance to the top of the rail.

fizz

8 hours ago, GT3_richy said:

Can you save more than one zero on the RT Photon then?

Not in the scope settings, but all you do is record the zero readings in the viewfinder for each rifle you use it on, then just put a sticker on the scope with the settings on and adjust the scope as required.

Archived