Drone pro

quiteman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got two Drones the mark one with the 10x  doubler and the mark two  both are very good and to my mind where the market leaders.  However as we all know Drones  appear to be no more.

I bought a Digcepter  A couple of weeks ago from Clive Ward at  Night vision store I have fitted it to my Dolphin 223  for ease of set up and testing .

I can say that without a shadow of doubt that it is superior to the drone in build quality and battery life   Mine comes with the optional range finder and having used it in daylight and extensively at night  I found  performance to actually exceed the drone.

I shoot with some good friends some of whom have  other various nightvision scopes the drone always was easier to set up and out  performed the various combinations.  In my view the Digcepter  now set standards! 

6 hours ago, Montey said:

I've got two Drones the mark one with the 10x  doubler and the mark two  both are very good and to my mind where the market leaders.  However as we all know Drones  appear to be no more.

I bought a Digcepter  A couple of weeks ago from Clive Ward at  Night vision store I have fitted it to my Dolphin 223  for ease of set up and testing .

I can say that without a shadow of doubt that it is superior to the drone in build quality and battery life   Mine comes with the optional range finder and having used it in daylight and extensively at night  I found  performance to actually exceed the drone.

I shoot with some good friends some of whom have  other various nightvision scopes the drone always was easier to set up and out  performed the various combinations.  In my view the Digcepter  now set standards! 

Good to hear that

22 hours ago, Montey said:

10x drone pro for sale.

Only joking,I still think the drones a fantastic n/v scope and won't be selling mine, but good to hear the digiceptor is the bees knees☺.

When you say, "you found the performance to actually exceed the drone" , in what way ??

Day time on the drone as you know it's best to fit the  coloured filter for the best picture there's none of that with the Digcepter and in my  opinion the picture at night and day is less grainy and of a better quality. The standard mount on the Drone has never proved to be able to hold the same zero when I've  removed the scope and put it back on the same rifle  it's always taken a slight adjustment to realign zero. The mounting construction on the Digcepter is very well  engineered and having removed it from the rifle and remouted it it's held zero. The mounting system  allows you to adjust elevation and windage by tweaking the Allen bolts under the main mount when bore sighting also ( and I'm not totally sure of this ) but the  reticle seems adjustable to finer degree.

I still won't  part with my two Drones as they have proved very good  in the past and I've still got the 10x one on my 22-250.

There's no way I'm  knocking  any  model of Drone  i've got a queue of people to buy mine and that in its self shows how good they still are to my mind.

10 hours ago, Montey said:

Day time on the drone as you know it's best to fit the  coloured filter for the best picture there's none of that with the Digcepter and in my  opinion the picture at night and day is less grainy and of a better quality. The standard mount on the Drone has never proved to be able to hold the same zero when I've  removed the scope and put it back on the same rifle  it's always taken a slight adjustment to realign zero. The mounting construction on the Digcepter is very well  engineered and having removed it from the rifle and remouted it it's held zero. The mounting system  allows you to adjust elevation and windage by tweaking the Allen bolts under the main mount when bore sighting also ( and I'm not totally sure of this ) but the  reticle seems adjustable to finer degree.

I still won't  part with my two Drones as they have proved very good  in the past and I've still got the 10x one on my 22-250.

There's no way I'm  knocking  any  model of Drone  i've got a queue of people to buy mine and that in its self shows how good they still are to my mind.

Thanks for that montey,sounds like a very good scope, good in daylight too, thats a bonus. Mounting system will be very handy, I had to have 3 rails delivered to try to get cross hair as best in center of screen on drone,but like you I won't sell mine.  Iooks like i might have to buy one for my new rifle when I get it😃 .... More expense 😯

Did I read right somewhere about it being auto focusing??

8 hours ago, Montey said:

Apologies it's been a long night and a blank one at that

so again in English No  manual focus the same as the mk 2 Drone with a ficus nob on the top of the scope 

Lol, ok thanks montey, yep they're getting thin on the ground now,and any left know what it's all about, I had one the other night at 330yds laying down looking our way,thinking shall I run or shall I just keep still, good job I had the drone😃 and not on the lamp.

If any one has problems with their drone losing zero. I’ve just had a modification done to mine. Which supports the front lens, has a new longer picatinny rail put on which is fully supported along its length and new bolts to attatched it to the rifle. Also a larger focus knob has been put on. All cerakoted 

Also the drone is to be sold again soon!!! 😉

1C905FE7-2F6D-4EC6-AA12-75E098F7E80D.jpeg

2 hours ago, Delwint said:

If any one has problems with their drone losing zero. I’ve just had a modification done to mine. Which supports the front lens, has a new longer picatinny rail put on which is fully supported along its length and new bolts to attatched it to the rifle. Also a larger focus knob has been put on. All cerakoted 

Also the drone is to be sold again soon!!! 😉

1C905FE7-2F6D-4EC6-AA12-75E098F7E80D.jpeg

Hi delwint,

I've read all about people losing zero with their drones and having the conversion job done, but luckily never had it happen to me.  Why you selling,now you've had it fixed ??  And why the bigger focus knob??is that to make getting hold of easier.

It’s definitely coming back. And I have been told that it will have the old screen and not the Flir one. Made in the same Ukrainian factory.   There is someone in the uk that will have access to the firmware for updates. Also the modification for zero loss will be done prior to sale 

8 hours ago, Delwint said:

It’s definitely coming back. And I have been told that it will have the old screen and not the Flir one. Made in the same Ukrainian factory.   There is someone in the uk that will have access to the firmware for updates. Also the modification for zero loss will be done prior to sale 

Good news all round then👍

Just been out tonight I took the thermal and a night master torch it's foggy I've only walked round and re baited two bait sites on our farm, loads of bounce back as it were with a torch and I know the same if used an ir torch with night vision.. With the thermal I could still spot rabbits and the od brock it's good just to go out with a thermal and spot the wild life on a clear night.

That's odd, I've just got in from setting up and zeroing a photon RT with my mate on his 17 hmr, (3 + bloody hrs)and it's not foggy here but my thermals picture tonight is worse than the photon with ir which we both thought was unusual.

I've got two thermals ones a 38s and the other is the new one from night vision uk I'm finding a big difference as technology has moved on.

its od how some nights water vapour in the air effects thermals or night vision using an IR. 

which thermal were you using?

Bob, funny you should say that about your thermals picture. I was out for a mooch about with my XP50 and drone this evening and the picture on the thermal was hellish most of the night, it looked as if it was foggy. There was light showers of rain and the moon was coming through the cloud cover sometimes.

5 minutes ago, Montey said:

I've got two thermals ones a 38s and the other is the new one from night vision uk I'm finding a big difference as technology has moved on.

its od how some nights water vapour in the air effects thermals or night vision using an IR. 

which thermal were you using?

Its a pulsar quantum lite xq 30v,Just looked across the valley and it's better now, normally see through fog no prob but earlier wasn't foggy just a bit murky, does vary from night to night, as you say depends on atmospherics ,sometimes crystal clear for a long long way

23 minutes ago, foxinmad said:

Bob, funny you should say that about your thermals picture. I was out for a mooch about with my XP50 and drone this evening and the picture on the thermal was hellish most of the night, it looked as if it was foggy. There was light showers of rain and the moon was coming through the cloud cover sometimes.

Hi foxinmad,

You lucky man with the xp50, one day😃. Yep that's how mine was, all foggy,real crap picture. How was the picture through the drone?

Archived