.22 tracer rounds

Paul Cat

They were quite common in the 90's, but impossible to get now in the UK AFAIK

I can recall going to a quarry range at dusk and blatting loads of these. VillaDave will probably remember too. We also had 12 bore aerial maroons (crow scarer rounds) which were a hoot fired along the ground

3 hours ago, Roy W said:

They were quite common in the 90's, but impossible to get now in the UK AFAIK

I can recall going to a quarry range at dusk and blatting loads of these. VillaDave will probably remember too. We also had 12 bore aerial maroons (crow scarer rounds) which were a hoot fired along the ground

Yep remember it well,maroons were black powder propelled  I think , good f*n good bunch of lads as well..

4 hours ago, bradders said:

Yeah,

Some people can't see that side of shooting

As it is, I actually have some here

Have you any intension of using them Mark?....If not I'll have them off you if you want to sell them.

I've still got some of these, great fun and used to trace very well out to two or three hundred yards - unfortunately a tried a few recently and only one out of ten actually traced, and then only poorly. I contacted Eley a couple of years ago to see if they were available but was told that they would never make another run as the machine was damaged in a fire and would not be replaced.

GLuhclVl.png

Cheating Gaining an advantage in target shooting? "No, I was doing really well before the card mysteriously burst into flames... oh well, I'll have to try again?"

Oh yes, a bit of mischief wouldn't go amiss. Shooting someone else's target, even better.

I get the fun bit but these surely remain novel for about ten rounds?

On the other hand, the thunderflashes and smoke grenades I have in my ammunition safe.......

Archived