Seal on AI moderator

I have a .338 Accuracy International moderator and the o ring type seal juts on the inside has gone.

Can these be simply pulled out and a new one pushed in, or does it need to be taken apart to fit a new one?

Where can I get a new one from ?

It's not hard to get hold of the correct sized O' rings via a google search of O' ring suppliers

Either that or click on that big bloody black banner just above these posts that's incessantly appearing in every thread and ask them if they can send you one

....or you could contact Sporting Services

AI don't deal direct. Either Graham at Sporting services, sportsman's gun centre, or myself.

I'll order some next week.

As I recall, they are an odd size.....nothing in my universal kits seem to be the same.

I have an AI mod myself, i'll pull the ring and measure it.

We have these suppresors at work, they break up under the blowback of the 338. just go to your local hardware and get an o ring the correct size, about 4 for a quid. push it in and away you go. Its just a rubber o ring nothing fancy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all 

sizes from old O-ring from my AI mod for 308/ 7.62  ,;    41.7mm OD ,34.7mm ID ,  3.5mm thick ring .      new O-ring fitted from a box kit from machine mart I think, --  41.5 OD , 34.5  ID and also 3.5mm thick . new one works a treat .  found the old one was worn in places and it also let gases past it when shooting . this showed up as the silicon grease used to lube the O-ring was being blown back along the barrel and was making a mess of the plastic skins . you could also try any hydraulic pipe making company / marine type shop  usually just cost a few pence  .

cheers 

Archived