Optisan EVX 6-24x56 FFP

snaggletooth

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found the Optisan Prestige scopes online and the 2-12x50 caught my eye.  I was asking around here in the US and no one had even heard of them so I am also curious about the inexpensive price point.  I joined this group in hopes of getting a review or two about them but I guess they aren't much more popular over there.

I tried an Optisan EVX 4-14x44 FFP as a first venture into ffp scopes and hoping to use it as a day scope and with a night vision rear add-on.

Frankly, I was disappointed with the image both in daylight and with the add-on.

I returned it and bought a Hawke Frontier 3-15x50 FFP with which I am very pleased

IMHO the Hawke is a class above the Optisan

Cheers

Bruce

• 1 year later...

I have the SFP version and they are great value for money with decent glass. Two gripes, mil ret mil turrets only I prefer MOA and the turret graduations are locked in place with a threaded ring and these have to be nipped up tight or you risk them slackening off and losing your zero. It also works well with the Pard 007.

Ive got a EVX 6-24 FFP on my rimfire and I've no major complaints. The eyebox gets a bit small at max mag and the mag ring itself is stiff, ( fixed with a breakaway coaster) but at the price I'm happy.