UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
Sign in to follow this  
No i deer

KRG whiskey 3 stock rear bag rider

Hi all I was wondering if anybody has one of these bag riders there not using anymore.

March scopes do have a angled one but I want a flat one really.chap said at March it could be 2 months or more wait if o ordered one.

If I was to use a angled one do I used an eared bag that's angled to match it.

My other option is they have another rear bag rider to fit but they are 1 inch at the bottom.cant remember seeing a bag with 1 inch between the ears.

The chap I delt with at March was one of the most helpful people I've come across.there is quite a few dealers who could learn something from them.top service.its a shame they didn't have in stock what I wanted though.

Cheers No I deer

You don't want the butt/bag-rider to ride on the stitching - you want it to ride on the V of the ears. A circular one-inch diameter bag-rider would work well with most bags.

Ok thanks Vince

Just out of intrest why don't you want the bag rider too ride the stitching.i have a couple of thoughts why but educate me pleaseĀ šŸ‘

Ā 

My understanding is that it is because theĀ stitching is too hard and does not react consistently to the force applied under recoil and thus compresses more or less on successive shots and thus induces vertical in the shots, were as if the stock is slightly above the stitching and thus resting against the sand of the ears (assuming proper filling)Ā there is more give and thus the behaviour under recoil is much more consistent.

šŸ¤£Ā that sound very scientific.logical but is it fact or an opinion or a assumption.i prefer to deal in facts but alot of things are speculation and more than likely not proven.

Ā 

For a flat bottomed bag rider 1 inch across at the base what gap do I need between the ears and and what height do the ears need to be.....?

Thanks for replies

As you run the rifle back and forwards, the butt will 'cut' it's own 'rails' in the ears giving perfect tracking (hopefully).Ā  As long as the ears are wide and high enough to support the butt, it should work OK.

Looking at the KRG flat bag rider and another that March scopes sell that are wedge shaped being just a fraction under 1 inch at the bottom you would think the wedge shape would be more stable between the ears on the rear bag.anybody have any thoughts or opinions on this.....?

funny it won't let me post the name of gunshop !!Ā  Ā it's VĀ  EĀ  RĀ  T EĀ  BĀ  RĀ  A E

thanks bud but I am sorted now.got one from March scopes uk.i nicely made aluminium one not the Delrin one

A flat bag rider v shaped with a flat bottom.i was offered one from another ukv member but it wasn't much of a saving on a new one so I opted for new

I think it was Ā£108 from March scopes.

BlackburnbuccaneerĀ Ā had the used bag rider.Ā