GAP Tempest 6.5 Creedmoor.

Finished this one today.

The rifle was designed as a CSR gun, but would do admiral duty on the McQueens line or tactical rifle comps.

k3JG1mZ.jpg

The heart of it, is a GAP Tempest action. Unique bit of kit. Basically a custom AI clone. It has 6 lugs, and a breech ring. Fixed lug, and a 60 degree bolt lift, which is light, from fired. I have to say, running dummy rounds through it, from the shoulder, its the fastest cycling action i've ever used.

Barrel is a Bartlien 1 in 8" twist, rem varmint profile, finished at around 25.5".

Threaded m18 x 1 and invisible capped, and one of my 3 port brakes.

Yb1fGch.jpg

It would have been sacrilege to paint the DLC coated action, so it was left, and the barrel, shroud etc, done in Cerakote graphite black.

The trigger is a bix n andy tacsport model, and their usual stunning quality.

The action will run both AICS and AW magazines. The AW was chosen , because its shorter, and smoother. They are however, more difficult to set up, as there is less case head contact for the bolt head. I spent a full day, dummy running the action and floor plate, getting the pillar heights exactly right, then bedding the floor plate into the stock.

TrKJsfD.jpg

The action was then bedded into the stock.

1hEicFz.jpg

Auj4Om3.jpg

V9XCfKA.jpg

This is the spec I would pick personally, but try as I might, I can't justify yet another gun !

• 3 weeks later...

Archived