223 55gr load data

thekeeper

Yep, 69gr with 24.5 N140 or RS50 behind it works very well indeed for me too.

24.2gr N133 behind a 55gr is my choice for that bullet weight.  For both cases, primers used were Murom Magnums (KVB223M).  I have also used CCI200 without any issues although the 250 is probably the correct one to use bearing in mind likely chamber pressures (ie use the thicker primer cup).

Mine's a 1 in 8. I generally use 55 grain V-Max for most stuff up to around 200 yards.          25.1 grains of Viht N135 and Fed Gold primers. I get an average 3220 fps and great groups. Been using that load for around 6 years now.

Also had great groups with the 75 A-Max out to 350 yards on one of my permissions. And didn't do too badly at 300 and 600 yards at Kingsbury a while back.

As for the "69 grain Match Grade", I wouldn't, especially as from memory, aren't they FMJ? I'm presuming their PPU mind, so may be well off there...

69's will be fine on foxes if you use something like the TMKs...close in they're very destructive.  For zippier loads to 200yds I use 23.8gr N133 behind 60gr Vmax for single digit ES and 3150fps....it's proved to be a very reliable and accurate load for me.

Archived