Jump to content
UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
ColinBR

Rifle scope for 22LR

Recommended Posts

Looking at scopes just now to stick on a CZ452 and have a budget of around £200. 

What recommendations do you guys have?

I currently use a Hawke Vantage   3-9x40 on another 22lr rifle but I’m not so keen on it. 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian Fox at Fox firearms does some really nice scopes for £150, we bought one for Debs 223.  8-32/50 with a hashed MOA reticle, 30mm tube and 1/8 MOA adjustments . Change left for some decent rings 

 

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 20series said:

Brian Fox at Fox firearms does some really nice scopes for £150, we bought one for Debs 223.  8-32/50 with a hashed MOA reticle, 30mm tube and 1/8 MOA adjustments . Change left for some decent rings 

 

Alan

Thanks 

Never heard of them before, will go have a look at them just now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just gave them a call. They now have a newer scope out just now 3-18x50 and with a new reticle that he is going to email a few pictures on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ColinBR said:

Just gave them a call. They now have a newer scope out just now 3-18x50 and with a new reticle that he is going to email a few pictures on. 

Cool, I dealt with Simon who's Brian's son. They were great they sent me the scope sale or return as originally I wanted the 10-50 and they were out of stock and I wasn't sure. 

Top people to deal with

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 20series said:

Cool, I dealt with Simon who's Brian's son. They were great they sent me the scope sale or return as originally I wanted the 10-50 and they were out of stock and I wasn't sure. 

Top people to deal with

Alan

It was Simon I was speaking to on the phone. He’s pinged me a few pics of the new reticle. 

Looks good to be honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Scrumbag said:

I would say something like a Nikon 3-9x40 EFR would do you very well

Not so keen on the reticle on that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

falcon M18  4-18x44  , i have three , brilliant scope for the money £200 in SFP but you may struggle to find one as they have just stopped making them in SFP or £260 ish in FFP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, telf said:

falcon M18  4-18x44  , i have three , brilliant scope for the money £200 in SFP but you may struggle to find one as they have just stopped making them in SFP or £260 ish in FFP

Where are you seeing them for £200?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they were at uttings and optics warehouse  for £199 ,but as i said they have stopped making them in SFP or will only do a batch if OP or uttings ask for a biggish order 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, telf said:

they were at uttings and optics warehouse  for £199 ,but as i said they have stopped making them in SFP or will only do a batch if OP or uttings ask for a biggish order 

Yea looks like I’ve missed the boat on that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up a 6x42 S&B for 200 quid and it’s made me fall back in love with my .22. Just about focuses down close enough, glass is fantastic for lamping bunnies and you know it’s going to be bomb proof.

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simmons Whitetail Classic sits on mine and has for a decent while now. Very simple and robust.

Excellent scope for the money and came off a .22-250 where it was also decent enough before being changed for a nightforce.

Only problem is that there is no parallax adjustment so NV would be a problem if that was your thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BuckhurstBen said:

I picked up a 6x42 S&B for 200 quid and it’s made me fall back in love with my .22. Just about focuses down close enough, glass is fantastic for lamping bunnies and you know it’s going to be bomb proof.

Ben

There is something to be said for decent, simple scopes. I have a Zeiss Dialyt 4x36 on my .22 sub 12 ftlb air rifle.... (Yes I'm an optics tart...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a 22LR, I use a Hawke Sidewinder.  I cannot fault them for the money and the package and the aftermarket support from Deben.

  I would argue they are better than the Nightforce SHV's two of which I had and they were milky !!  They went back.

You then have PAO, Athlon, Delta and Vortex in that price bracket - if you can tolerate the very fickle eye relief with the vortex.  Konus is another brand which has recently popped up.  Zeiss Terra is another option.  And on and on and on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy