Tikka T3 trigger options

I have a couple of T3Xs, both are lightened as far as the 'factory' adjustment allows i.e. the grub screw that retains the trigger spring is unscrewed as far as the head of the bolt that hangs the trigger from the action allows. One of them is pretty acceptable weight-wise, the other is significantly heavier.

Are there any reasonably priced drop in after-market triggers available that anyone has tried/would recommend? is much improvement possible by a smith messing about with the standard unit?

Thanks,

Rich

I run a CG Extreme Mod21 2 stage in my T3 and its awesome, but sadly unavailable these days.

However I was lucky enough to fire someone’s T3 recently with one of the new Timney 2 stage drop in replacements and man that is a sweet trigger. I haven’t seen any U.K. pricing, but the US price is around $195 so I’d expect the same in £.

If you were after single stage, there are a few available I believe. 

I would love if there was a sensiblely priced, decent 2 stage trigger for the T3 but alas I haven’t seen one. I’m not sure how good the timmey ones are. 

Before you spend any decent money ring up Dave Wylde and get a couple of lighter trigger springs. Sure they are only a £5 and make a world of difference. Easy to fit in a number of minutes. If still not happy, look at the expensive options. 

1 hour ago, PhilM said:

However I was lucky enough to fire someone’s T3 recently with one of the new Timney 2 stage drop in replacements and man that is a sweet trigger. I haven’t seen any U.K. pricing, but the US price is around $195 so I’d expect the same in £.

https://www.brownells.co.uk/FEATHERWEIGHT-TRIGGERS-Tikka-T3-Two-Stage-Trigger-TIMNEY-Adjustable-2-Stage-883000115 - £275, but that is Brownells, cant see them elsewhere with a quick google.

1 hour ago, markymark said:

I would love if there was a sensiblely priced, decent 2 stage trigger for the T3 but alas I haven’t seen one. I’m not sure how good the timmey ones are. 

Before you spend any decent money ring up Dave Wylde and get a couple of lighter trigger springs. Sure they are only a £5 and make a world of difference. Easy to fit in a number of minutes. If still not happy, look at the expensive options. 

I have some springs on the way actually, see how it feels before dropping a few hundred on a drop in replacement!

Cheers chaps.

Archived