Picatinny rail for CZ455

JackD032

Hi

I want to use the Burris Signature rings to mount my new scope however they are not available in dovetail. I’ve been looking at the Picatinny rail’s from Britannia and Contessa and they are attached by screwing down onto the receiver. 

My questions are:

1, I can only assume that this will damage the top of the receiver?

2, Will it remain locked in place being metal on metal?

3, If I do go down this route should I go 0 moa or a 10/20/30 moa?

Any advice on this would be very much appreciated. 

Cheers

Jack

Jack,

Ive fitted several DIP rails, from Kinney shooting supplies in the US, mostly with a 25moa slope. This allows an easy 150-200y zero, however I only just managed to adjust to a 25y zero so carefully consider the ranges you are likely to shoot at before purchase. The other thing I opted for was the extended rail option, mainly to accommodate the longer scopes I wanted to use.

You have rightly identified that there are several places to buy similar in the U.K., so I’m sure the guys selling them can offer advice direct.

I was also concerned about the screws marking the finish, but it came with brass tipped grub screws. The fit was so tight, i’m not sure that the screws really did much ? but i’d ask the question before purchasing.

5 hours ago, Ballistol said:

Jack,

Ive fitted several DIP rails, from Kinney shooting supplies in the US, mostly with a 25moa slope. This allows an easy 150-200y zero, however I only just managed to adjust to a 25y zero so carefully consider the ranges you are likely to shoot at before purchase. The other thing I opted for was the extended rail option, mainly to accommodate the longer scopes I wanted to use.

You have rightly identified that there are several places to buy similar in the U.K., so I’m sure the guys selling them can offer advice direct.

I was also concerned about the screws marking the finish, but it came with brass tipped grub screws. The fit was so tight, i’m not sure that the screws really did much ? but i’d ask the question before purchasing.

Thanks for your reply, I’ll have a look at the DIP rails. 

Archived