Speccing CZ527 for Target shooting

Scrumbag

Right, so, here are some photo's of the updated CZ527

Scope is a Duralyt 3-12x50, Sportsmatch mid height mounts and a tourbon cheek riser to meet the request for more mag and being easier to see through the scope.

So, some pictures:

xZRmN6Q.jpg

Bolt handle clears, just ;)

GGOTGIk.jpg

Cheek riser and bullet loops:

vYICI9B.jpg

Cheek riser is variable in height using these inserts:

d4hSGaN.jpg

Which sit under the flap with the bullet loops:

bdNZ7Zy.jpg

With riser in place, you can't quite get the bolt out.

Roj52eT.jpg

But with the foam insert out and flap open, you can (makes it easier for Bisley)

eg6Axwz.jpg

So, all in all, just need to get it zeroed now!

Thanks to Kalahari for the assistance and rings!

Scrummy

3 hours ago, Scrumbag said:

But with the foam insert out and flap open, you can (makes it easier for Bisley)

You don't need to remove the bolt at Bisley, all you need is a chamber safety flag

8 hours ago, Scrumbag said:

True, just helps make it a bit clearer for the ROs and I don't think that's a bad thing.

Scrummy

The rules state that the chamber should be proved clear

A simple look through the ejection port and insertion of a chamber flag will suffice

Anything else is unimportant and will lead to giving self-important ROs a sense of power above their station

30 minutes ago, bradders said:

The rules state that the chamber should be proved clear

A simple look through the ejection port and insertion of a chamber flag will suffice

Anything else is unimportant and will lead to giving self-important ROs a sense of power above their station

Bradders, I know, I have an SCC too.

The bolt comes out easily on my rifles, so why would I not? If pop into get a cuppa or head to the shops on the way home, it's going to be in a pouch in my pocket anyway.

I get why with certain stock types and actions (eg your excellent straight pulls) can be a bear to get the bolt in and out of easily, particularly on a firing point. But why not make your life and the RO's life easy?

Anyway, enough. Enjoy your shooting!

Archived