H4831SC no longer available for my 300wsm open rifle

Montey

With H4831SC  no longer available I've been advised to use RS 70  as a replacement  in my Fclass open rifle  i'm pushing 215g Bergers at 2940fps at  present and it works very well using 68g of H4831.

Is any one using RS70 as a  replacement and if so what sort of results and speeds are you getting.?

Any comments or advice gratefully received.

There bound to be still some H4831sc or H4831 about.use one or the other separately. you could get what you can and mix it up together so it's a batch rather than using tubs separately.thats what I was advised to do.i think N165 will work fine.i am sure I spoke to somebody who was using it to good effect 

RS70 is suitable but it’s not a direct replacement. To give you an idea, H4831SC is pushing 180 grain hybrids out of my newish .284 barrel at 2800 fps but a similar load of RS70 is doing 2950 fps.

2 hours ago, Brillo said:

RS70 is suitable but it’s not a direct replacement. To give you an idea, H4831SC is pushing 180 grain hybrids out of my newish .284 barrel at 2800 fps but a similar load of RS70 is doing 2950 fps.

thanks for the advice im going to try the RS70 and see how i get on 

Not sure mixing the two powders is such a good idea as i can't see a way of getting the perfect match but thanks for the input.

Having re read your post No I dear it's me who got it wrong!

im going to try RS 70 but having looked there doesn't seem to be any data available on the company website.

Has any one got a safe starting load for the 300 wsm pushing the 215 Bergers ?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm nearly there with my load using 65g of RS70 with the 215 Bergers I'm getting 2980fps which is a good speed and can go faster with no problems how ever that's 40fps faster than my old load so it should work just got to wait for the weather to calm down with heat and wind for a two set of five shot groups.

That is good speed.i am tempted to try RS70 in my 7mm saum but I have plenty of H1000 to go on with.its the cleanest burning powder I've ever used.sends the 180gr hybrids pretty fast too

Archived