Sabatti tactical

Re-Pete

I just read this section from the Sabatti site    http://www.sabatti.it/en/mmr-system-shooting-rifles/

Does anyone know if  Multi Radial Rifling is a Sabatti exclusive, or is it used by any other manufacturers?

I've seen an old artillery piece with a similar system, but I can't remember where............presumably, the bore is shaped a bit like a 20p in cross section.

Re-Pete

Whitworth and Medford rifling was similar. The Glock pistols I’d had in the past had this type of rifling. You can buy barrel blanks from Lothar in this design so do not think it is exclusive ?

T

It's the only "mainstream" long distance rifle using polygonal rifling I managed to find. I bought one as an inexpensive "starter" rifle and now I'm worried because I can't really justify getting anything more expensive. I have close to zero long range experience and yet during a competion earlier this month I managed to produce attached 10 shot groups at 330, 656 and 875 yards  with factory (GGG) 175gr SMK ammo. Highly recommended.  

MichalFTR-MP-2018.thumb.jpg.eff42a2be1253f46421522a2b02f1772.jpg

That's pretty cool shooting !!, (and a very good testimonial for Sabatti). In addition, I think barrel life would be markedly better than cut or button conventional rifling.

What's the trigger like, adjustable, one or two stage?

Re-Pete

Thank You, I'm quite pleased with that :) The stock trigger is a single stage 600 gram setup, quite heavy as I'm used to match triggers (60-75g on my Walthers LG and KK). It's not bad though and with rifle resting on a bipod doesn't bother me too much. Apparently You can adjust it down to 300 gram - my friend did just that, I'm scared of messing with a rifle that shoots so well.

You can opt for 250/500 gram 2 stage match trigger if You want to.

Sabatti claims barrell life of 10000 shots... It's also quite easy to clean.

Michal

• 2 months later...

My experience with sabatti 6.5x47L is exceptional, in terms of precision and work to find the sweet spot. However with the same type of barrel and a 7RSAUM, my experience is being very erratic in terms of resulting speeds.

Archived