FCSA Update

ruger7717

Well I sent a lengthy email to local MP but I have sent two before so I would think it’s just fallen on deaf ears. 

Somone suggested contacting that MP that opposed upskirting as he opposes a lot of things that they are just trying to rubber stamp. 

Still don’t think that enough clubs are writing to the relevant people to help combat this ban. 

If you run a 50 cal on a 20 inch barrel it would run below 13'600 joules/10,000 flbs limit.i think I would rather run a 416 flat out......!

I think the downer for most is the 416 won't have the same appeal as they don't make tracers and components are more than likely more expensive.its a

shi te outcome.as I said before oppressed covers it grrrrrrr

20 hours ago, Vortex said:

Well I sent a lengthy email to local MP but I have sent two before so I would think it’s just fallen on deaf ears. 

Somone suggested contacting that MP that opposed upskirting as he opposes a lot of things that they are just trying to rubber stamp. 

Still don’t think that enough clubs are writing to the relevant people to help combat this ban. 

Sadly, ooman, we think that if he isn't your local MP he isn't allowed to take action on your behalf. You'd have to write to your own MP, and ask him to bring it to the attention of the aforesaid MP. MPs can't ignore a letter from a constituent that specifically asks them to act but they can ignore general whines. Parliament has some funny rules...

The boys from the FCSA are going to the U.S. to shoot in the 50 cal world championships on Thursday I think.seems like it will probaly be the last time ?.as the templates were withdrawn and the pending ban most of them didn't get too shoot there 50's for months.what a gutter.theres only one thing worse than a dogooder.2 dogooders grrrrrrr

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed my MP, the worthless Jonathan Djanogly (Con.). Despite my opinion of politicians - "The last man to enter the House of Commons with honest intentions was Guy Fawkes" - here is the relevant section of his reply:

"...I note and share your concerns regarding the measure in the Bill to prohibit civilian possession of high energy rifles and have made representations to the Minister on this issue. I also opposed a blanket ban on such weapons during the Second Reading debate, the details of which you can read at the following weblink:

http://jonathandjanogly.com/content/jonathan-djanogly-opposes-ban-legally-held-5-callibre-rifles "

I still think that he's about as much use as Anne Frank's drum kit, but there you are.

maximus otter

Archived