Toyota hilux mk5

Villadave59

hi I've been looking for a nice one of these for years and finally got one with single cab and just thought I'd share couple of pics,its done 150000 miles with full history ,I'm told this is nothing on these ,and have read that a farmer in Austria has had one from new and has 380,000 miles still going ! Does any one else run one of these?

IMG_2724.JPG

IMG_2725.JPG

IMG_2726.JPG

My cousin has one, I think a model earlier than yours. 

He's done at least 200k, uses it for all his shooting and it's never let him down.

The cab is great to shoot off when you jimmy-rig a seat across the sides of the flatbed. The engine compartment also doubles as a great way to defrost pigeons for use on spinners & flighters ;)

7 hours ago, No i deer said:

That looks like the one they used on Topgear ?

Yes ,and since the top gear show the value shot through the roof ,most go for export, built like a brick s+*t house,and low tech no frills ,it might be the one from top gear ,thinking about it I knew there was something doggy about the bloke I bought it from?

Had one myself for 9 years, shouldn’t have sold it.

only thing I managed to break on it was a leaf spring, It got thrown around Brecon like a rag doll and still kept going, tail gate had a few dents in it but it was built like a tank.

Went and bought a 54 plate land cruiser to replace it, mistake. Seriously thinking of buying another Mk5 in decent nick.

Your right there Vortex they are built well ,rust is definitely a thing to look iut for I looked at one which looked great but crawled underneath and the chassis was rotten,  big plus is they hold their money ,I just like the low tech which I guess is why they get snapped up for export 

Archived