CZ 452 opinions

ColinBR

Hi guys

Had a go of a CZ 452 tonight (synthetic stock stainless barrel), which I really enjoyed. It had a lighter trigger spring and was better than I expected. 

Currently waiting on a Tikka T1x, but now seriously considering 1 of these. 

Whats your option on these guns and would this be the model of CZ to go for or is the 455 a better rifle. 

TIA

Personally I believe the 452 is a better rifle. My view is that it was introduced as a cost cutting exercise but sold to the customers as an improvement. The 452 had a proper bolt locking lug, the bolt on the 455 is only locked by the bolt handle. I've certainly seen nothing to suggest the 455 is more accurate.

1 hour ago, 1066 said:

Personally I believe the 452 is a better rifle. My view is that it was introduced as a cost cutting exercise but sold to the customers as an improvement. The 452 had a proper bolt locking lug, the bolt on the 455 is only locked by the bolt handle. I've certainly seen nothing to suggest the 455 is more accurate.

Yea there was certainly nothing wrong with the accuracy on this rifle that’s for sure. 4x1 hole groups of 5 was easier than I thought it would be. 

good morning ,i have used cz 452 since they first came out,22years if i recall correctly,never missed a beat both my 22lr have fired in excess of 10000 rounds  and have earned their keep never had a problem and very accurate.

You won't go far wrong with a CZ 452. The 455 has the ability to support .22LR, .22WMR and .17HMR .... at a price .... but most people I know just buy the caliber they want in the first place.

The 452 has been the mainstay of just about every shooting club in the country for more years than I can remember, and collectively they must regularly fire many millions of rounds a year with the minimum of fuss and bother .... all for a bargain basement price.

What's not to like!   ?

Looks like it’s a no brainer then. 

I’ll just need to see which version suits. Seen a nice Lux version with 24” barrel and walnut for sale that could tick the boxes. That and a couple of stainless/crome versions with synthetic stocks. 

Archived