Schmidt LRR reticule

ds1

Has anyone had eyes-on with the new Schmidt LRR reticule. I am particularly interested in thoughts on the centre dot and cross - are they daylight visible with illumination? And are they easily  visible on target ( without trying to “find” them). I ask this in regard to the size of the centre dot as a March FML1 reticule dot sub tends 5mm @ 100m and works very well. How does it compare to 1.6mm for the Schmidt which seems more like benchrest size.

I have seen the pdf files of the ret but  would appreciate the opinion of someone that has had a look through. 

This ret was on the 5-45 on display at the Shooting Show recently 

I liked the ret but couldn’t give feedback other than five minutes looking through it in less than ideal  conditions - no real opportunity to look at targets outside (couldn’t walk off the stand with it)

Ret is busy but easy to read 

It is finer than the FMA ret of my March 5-45

I think in real work use the Schmidt is better though can’t quantify that other than prefering the LRR to the March

Not really a users objective opinion  but it may help 

Cant comment on this particular scope, but I do have one of the new schmidts with the tiny centre dot Dave.

Its on a 1.1-8CC model.

I leave the dot on whilst shooting. Its tiny, doesn't obscure anything, or "Star"

Plenty bright enough, even in sunlight.

Best dot i've used, bar non.

Thank you for the input Andy and Dave. The ret should be out in August according to S&B. for  the 5-45x56pm2. 

If it works like the 1-8 scope Dave It will be on at least one of my rifles.

On 5/30/2018 at 2:09 PM, ds1 said:

Has anyone had eyes-on with the new Schmidt LRR reticule. I am particularly interested in thoughts on the centre dot and cross - are they daylight visible with illumination? And are they easily  visible on target ( without trying to “find” them). I ask this in regard to the size of the centre dot as a March FML1 reticule dot sub tends 5mm @ 100m and works very well. How does it compare to 1.6mm for the Schmidt which seems more like benchrest size.

I have seen the pdf files of the ret but  would appreciate the opinion of someone that has had a look through. 

Just had a 5-25 with the new LRR ret land on my desk. I will be giving it a thorough going over for a while and will also be able to compare it directly to the IOR Crusader 5.8-x 40 I have at the moment. 

Should be able to give you some genuine feedback by the end of the month.

Archived