Fauda

brown dog

As you don’t mind subtitles look for Gomorrah.  My Italian colleagues tell me it is subtitled for them too as the Naples slang/accent is so strong!

Tony

Gamorrah is good. So too was Narcos.

Not Netflix, and about 15yrs old now, is The Wire. The best TV series I've ever seen...completely without rival. Set in Baltimore, 5 seasons cover everything from drug dealers, bent cops, schools, illegal importation, real estate, politics & the media. It's writing & plot lines are immeasurably good. The acting is supurfolus too. And I love how you pick up not only the dealer slang but that used by the police, politicians etc. It's totally absorbing once you get through the first 2-3 episodes where you haven't a clue what's going on. Then 'wham', you get it and just want more and more.

Though, if you like a change from all the serious stuff, Detectorists (available on Netflix) was simply lovely...charming series. 

I know that I am behind the times but I had a couple of days free between courses and we just got a new fangled HD tv  thing ( never new what Netflix was before). On a whim started watching  Peaky Blinders, excellent, much better than all the American crap.

Film class acting in a tv series.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived