Opinion on a potential scope

I’d really appreciate some opinions on the Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24x50 scope.

It looks a good general use scope which potentially might suit my shooting and budget, so more educated views than mine are sought.

I’m an experienced club shooter using a 308 at mostly 600 yards but every now and then out to 900. I think this scope might fit the bill, so please could you either convince me or dissuade me?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure what the difference between your proposed scope and the Vortex Viper FFP 6-24x50 HS LR MOA. 

But i'm well chuffed with my scope.... 

Glad i switched to FFP, but appreciate it's not suitable for all people or purposes...

Great scopes from my limited experience...

Thanks for the replies fellas. Think the difference is a couple of hundred quid Chaz so probably money well spent.

Im trying to build up a Howa for informal target shooting, nothing fancy, I don’t take my shooting too seriously, just want it to hit what I point at on club shoots at military ranges with the odd one at 900. Sitting in a KRG Bravo stock at the moment which I like with an entry level vortex on it that has stood me in good stead for a couple of years.

Think I’ll spend the money, at least I can transfer it to another rifle when old faithful’s barrel gets shot out.

Cheers Brown Dog. I must admit to being tempted by the Bushnell range. I took a look at the scope I was enquiring about earlier today and was a little unde-whelmed tbh! Think I’ll explore other options for a few quid more.

Any preference on the Sightron scopes? 

I shoot Fclass using 8-32x 50 LRMOA reticle nice scope! Each to there own I guess!

What Nick53 said.....as well as the 8-32, I have 6-24 x 50 Sightrons, and recently bought an IOR 6-24 x 50.

The Sightrons are excellent, but the IOR is an order of magnitude better, with fat turrets to die for,  sharp and contrasty glass.

Re-Pete

Brown dog which Bushnells ?

Re-peat was the Ior new ,where did you get it from 

thanks chaps I am looking for a-scope in the same price field 

The AR scopes are amazing scopes at their pricepoint. Stuck one on a .22, clearer and sharper than any 22/air rifle scope I've ever looked through.

At the posher end, the 'Elite Tactical Hunter' 4.5-18×44mm  FFP & all metric is, from a hobby-user perspective, easily a match for a PM2.

I use both the Bushnell Elite Tactical DMR 3.5-21 x 50 and a FFP  5-25 x 56 PM2.

The Bushnell is simply excellent at the price, and I do prefer it to the Siii's I've looked through, but it's not in the same league imho as the PM2 and I wouldn't expect it to be.  The PM2 is optically quite a bit superior and edge to edge and low light it is stunning.  Ret is nice and fine too for target work. Optically the DMR is ideal for ranges up to and even beyond 1000 yds, many people I've seen shooting 50 cals seem to have Bushnell Elite Tacticals sat atop!  Resolution is good, the G2DMR ret is a good 'un and it's in FFP with really nice locking turrets.   It's the sort of scope you buy, fit, forget and use for many years.  I have no real gripes with mine and only bought a PM2 as it was on offer and I'd always fancied one.

Thank you everyone for your input. I spent some time in Livens gun shop yesterday and I’m tending towards the Bushnell range at the mo.

Archived