65x47 cases

Furyan

2 hours ago, lapua said:

The rifle that Gary had pressure issues with at rrc was the tac30 aw in the sentinel stock, benchmark barrel. His sako was long gone before that arrived so not same brass. His load on that day was 38gn varget, 123 amax which was best load in the sako. As the benchmark bore was .0002 tighter than the LW that load turned out to be too hot. The load for the new rifle ended up as 39gn n150. Since then Gary shot an R8 in 6.5x47 lap as well as many other calibres. He has now retired from abusing armchair warriors and spends most of his time trying to solve world hunger, as well as shooting stuff. He still regards Ronin as one of the country’s finest rifle builders (second only to James Clarke), and remains eternally regretful for argueing with Brown Dog over the inherrant safety of the Blaser rifle system. He sends his regards to you all...

Thanks for that i still use the load info he sent with the sako shoot very well when i do my part i tried all sorts with the cases apart from a small base die, I have tried all sorts with the cases to get them to chamber body die with redding comp shell holders still could`nt get them to chamber . i marked one case up with red marker pen let it dry chambered it to see if i could see any obvious marks , Nothing apart from on the base and this is with the bolt striped and no firing pin .

it would have been cheaper to buy new cases and go from there .

Not to worry .

• 1 month later...

Archived