US ITAR Regulations to be Relaxed

Laurie

See:

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2018/05/good-news-for-gunsmiths-major-itar-changes-coming/#comments

The detail isn't available yet, but it looks like many of the things we buy from the USA may be exempted. If so, good news.

That will be good though not so great for people who have currently paid for export licences.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Reecy said:

Hi,

did the noted ITAR changes ever happen?

thanks in advance

Reecy

Never been an issue for me when exporting from the US. Their export licensing process has been relatively straight forward...just takes a while.

However on a recent application they wanted more info from me regarding what import authority I had. As a private individual, I don’t require a UK import license (nor can I acquire as they don’t do one). Interesting that the US a state department wanted to know if I could import. The export from the US wasn’t an issue.

If you work with a good US exporter, then you’ll be fine.

19 hours ago, Catch-22 said:

Never been an issue for me when exporting from the US. Their export licensing process has been relatively straight forward...just takes a while.

However on a recent application they wanted more info from me regarding what import authority I had. As a private individual, I don’t require a UK import license (nor can I acquire as they don’t do one). Interesting that the US a state department wanted to know if I could import. The export from the US wasn’t an issue.

If you work with a good US exporter, then you’ll be fine.

This is still your best (legal) route.

Re. Authority to import, the US exporters I have utilised previously had always used my FAC as evidence of such.

Never had any issues re importing from US, actually it improved after it became electronic and online for the US end.

T