Asu moderator bore size for 6.5

Hi was talking to Jackson rifles about asu jet z for my 6.5 ,they told me to go with the .30 cal even though the asu website states the .25 cal is for the 6.5 . Anyone using a .25 cal or is it Jackson's earing on the side of caution.

Probably caution,,,,,,,think jet Z[.25] has a 7.6mm through hole that leaves around 17 thou or   .44mm  all round clearance. As a comparison my Wildcat 223  Evolution mod has a 6.5mm through hole that leaves around 16 thou all round clearance and my 6mm Evolution mod has a 7.5mm through hole leaving around 26 thou all round clearance. Best check mod for exact exit hole size and see if it provides acceptable clearance for your .264 bullet. I think 16 or 17 thou is ok as long as your threading is a good fit to mod and has been done to a high standard.

Nothing to do with your calibre/mod choice, but I would trust Jacksons, I dont want to go into which is the best mod but  Jacksons customer service   is for me, had 3 t8s from them.

Hughes.s

I'd give VarmLR a PM. He's had a few issues with his 6.5CM and his new moderator fitment.

Yet, I have the same rifle and moderator, from the same shop, yet it's only poor old VarmLR, (at this time) thats had problems. From memory, he was told that the new ELD 6.5CM bullet needs a .30 cal inside diameter moderator, due to the 'yaw' ??

Chaz

Glad your sorted,,,,,,think its generally correct that tightest working clearances are best for sound reduction,,,,,,,tried my 6mm Evo diffuser on my 223 yesterday,,,,huge increase in noise!!! more than I expected.

Archived