Premier Optics 5-25

SRGNXL

Anyone has a Premier Optics 5-25 scope to provide some feedback about it? They seem to have been discontinued for some reason but available from some outlets at a good price. Its for field/tactical rifle so it will be between the Premier, Vortex Razor GenII 4.5-27 or Minox 5-25. The Premier and the Vortex are both available in MOA/MOA config whereas the minox is MIL/MIL only.

http://www.lgasupplies.com/premier-optics-5-25x56-tactical/p1

1.jpg

Minox Zp5 5-25 

Image result for Minox ZP5 5-25x56 Rifle Scope

razor GenII 4.5-27 

Image result for vortex razor gen ii

Id like to have alook through the 5-45 PM11.......

Apparently, many people who have owned the Premier hold it in very high regard, especially with respect to quality of glass and tracking.

However as already noted, it's no longer in production nor supported. If it breaks, there's no one to fix it. I have no idea if spares are even available for it.

The Minox higher ends scopes are absolutely stunning! Amazing optics that were at a sensible price, until recently  that was, then they seem to have loaded them by a fair amount. There have been a fair few problems reported with the Vortex scopes, and part of the higher price must be loaded to cover the excellent warranty they offer??? 

I have had some good use of the the Minox  ZP5 TAC 5-25x56 MIl/MIL and the MR2 reticle is lovely in use, the zoom ring is super smooth one finger operation and the glass is pretty damn good with good colour and resolution at lower light levels.  

Hi, 

hope you don't mind, I'm  following your thread intently 

As I'm looking at scopes of similar - but not necessarily price range , some that I want more info on, like :- Delta STRYKER ED , Burris xtr2, Steiner m5xi .. As reviews by users, mainly only happen on YouTube & I suspect that most are sponsored 

it's like a mine field.... 

Treetop

It is indeed a mine field, your only real option is to get behind the scopes that you fancy and see if your eyes like it. Once you get to a certain level it’s down to what coatings your eyes like. Some scopes that seems ‘bright’ will become wearing after a while.

And you cannot trust reviews as a lot of the reviewers get ‘free stuff’ so are a bit, shall we say, biased ?. Also found out recently that scopes you see on high end custom hunting rifles are paid to be there by the scope  manufacturer.

good luck

Terry

Archived