Whats the latest best version of QuickLoad??

chaz

Morning folks. Pardon the pun, but after recent events i've decided to bite the bullet and buy 'QuickLOAD'.

However, i have never had anything to do with the program, and want to make sure i buy the latest version out at this time. Or if owners are told an update is due out shortly, i could wait until i buy the latest version, hopefully with the new program on it. (If that makes sense...) Please could someone tell me the details of the latest version out? I understand the average price is around £125. Would that be right?

Also can i  buy a version which gives me free updates? If not, how much are the average updates, how often do they come out, and are they worth buying?

For the people who have QuickLOAD, what did the lastest update give you? And was it worth the £25? (Which seems to be the price from what i've seen?)

Some constructive advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chaz.

Do they do a MAC version....?

Havent used QL since I swapped to MAC , quite a while ago.

I bought 3.6 some time ago now and honestly iv never even looked or considered doing an update . As it had all the calibers i had used/ use ! But i shoot a 20 practical and it doesn't have that listed . So i used the next nearest cartridge 20 tactical and it works fine . So i really wouldn't worry about updates unless you have to get the latest new kid on the block calibers that are released - which Isn't that often ? Atb  

Ps will probably upgrade at some point lol.

11 hours ago, Ronin said:

Do they do a MAC version....?

"Version 3.9 requires Windows XP or newer OS.

Will run on MAC with Windows emulation software

3.9 is win 10 compliant"

With emulation, ya!

2 hours ago, GT3_richy said:

"Version 3.9 requires Windows XP or newer OS.

Will run on MAC with Windows emulation software

3.9 is win 10 compliant"

With emulation, ya!

Cheers folks. I have Windows 8.1, i presume the latest version of 3.9 will run on my laptop?

What about the best place to buy it from? Or are they all similar prices, at most dealers? Or do i buy direct from the makers?

Cheers

Chaz.

On 04/05/2018 at 12:40 PM, MJR said:

Just read your link again MJR. Silly question.... It looks to be a UK designer and distributor! Would that be right too?

Cheers

Chaz

3 hours ago, chaz said:

Just read your link again MJR. Silly question.... It looks to be a UK designer and distributor! Would that be right too?

Cheers

Chaz

It's a UK distributor but the program was written and is maintained/updated by H Broemel in Germany.

Cheers

Bruce

Just to give an update on Windows 10 compatibility, version 3.8 was not fully compatible with early W10 builds inasmuch that it would run ok if it was installed and then updated to W10, but had installation problems. There was a work-around but this is no longer needed.

The latest builds allow version 3.8 to install normally.

What do you get with version 3.9 that’s not in version 3.8?

3 hours ago, Brillo said:

Just to give an update on Windows 10 compatibility, version 3.8 was not fully compatible with early W10 builds inasmuch that it would run ok if it was installed and then updated to W10, but had installation problems. There was a work-around but this is no longer needed.

The latest builds allow version 3.8 to install normally.

What do you get with version 3.9 that’s not in version 3.8?

Hi Brillo.

I've no idea what the difference is between 3.8 and 3.9. It's all new to me... I've tried to get up to speed by watching You-Tube videos, tutorials and the like. Is it possible to buy the 3.8 when the 3.9 is out?. And what would be the benefit of buying an older version when i could just buy the newer version that hopefully has ironed out the issues that the 3.8 had with Win 10. Just to clarify, my Laptops an 8.1 Windows anyhow.

Cheers

Chaz.

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers Brillo. I've bought QuickLoad v3.9, and i'm pleased in some area, but not in others. Especially when comparing loads I've used for 5+ years that are almost always of the money with velocity, (with a new battery) but the velocity is down by 100 fps. Perhaps i'm pick.... But it wasn't like tested at February and again in August. Even with the water capacity test, be it worth it or not....?

Archived