Primer seating tool

6.5shooter

Hi all, after getting sick of getting sore thumbs seating primers with my lee autoprime Im wondering what else is out there that is better and less tedious for seating primers? 

2nd vote for Primal rights! I have one and its beautiful if somewhat pricey! However once in yr hands you can see why!

Correct and consistent priming is vital as I have found out to my cost in time and money!

Thanks all who replied!

The primal rights tool is the one I want after researching the ones suggested but $600, im not sure if its worth it for seating primers. ?

The forster looks like a more sensibly priced option. It would probably be second on my list but im a bit of a tackle tart and I want the primal rights one but dont want to pay $600 ?

I seen a youtube vid where someone had a lee ram prime with a DIY manual primer feed arm which looked very good! Looked like a modified primer feed from something like a dillon press. 

Lee Ergoprime? No sore thumbs with that...............

Re-Pete

I got fed up with sore thumbs too...... looked at the Forster bench mounted tool but went for the Lee Bench Auto Prime instead as I already had the shellholders and preferred the auto-feed.

Mounted it on a piece of alloy plate as long as the lever and the ‘feel’ of the primer seating is pretty good.

cheers

fizz

Hi i used a rcbs universal tool Which is good , now relegated to back up. But bought a k+m single hand tool with the gauge - its superior to the cheaper stuff , the precision is to a thou or less . Well worth the investment . Atb 

Archived