Gunstar adverts - point of info

Just a small point of info for anyone using Gunstar just now. Their latest software update no longer captures the calibre of the rifle that you have for sale. I've been chasing to get my advert corrected, but it's a very slow process. At present this 260 Rem doesn't appear on searches for 260.

https://www.gunstar.co.uk/r-g-rifles-bolt-action-rifles/rifles/1003968

Regards

JCS

My experiences with Gunstar have been less than satisfactory

I have never approached them, yet have received countless phone calls, emails and texts with no return number to contact them and ask them to stop

In fact I got a call from them last week and when I said I didn’t want to advertise with them, was then subjected to a haranguing

A very unprofessional company that I’ll have nothing to do with

When I contacted a shop via Gunstar, it transpired that they:

1. Didn’t have the rifle they were advertising in stock.

2. Couldn’t tell me when they would have more stock.

3. Couldn’t guarantee if the price was the same.

It seems like it’s very easy for a ‘seller’ to undercut the competition on Gunstar, when they aren’t in a position to complete a sale..

I contacted the ASA, but their purview only covers print, TV and radio adverts. They have no powers when it comes to the internet.

Reminds me of the old days where you used see double page print adverts, with hundreds of items crammed in at tiny point sizes, with ‘POA’ next to every single one. A total waste of everyone’s time?

Archived