RFD transfer (Merseyside area)

Villadave59

Hi,I've struck a deal for an Anschutz 1417 with a private seller from Merseyside area, with each of us happy to pay our own RFD fees ,he will pay carriage his end ,my question is what is a fair price his end post+fees,as he has been quoted what sounds a heavy price from his own dealer, who I won't name, but  this guy tells me he's spent a fortune at this dealer over the years   anyone recommend a dealer in his area who would help please? 

my local dealer here  charges £25-£30 post inc postage  ,which I think is reasonable, and is roughly half the price the seller has been quoted any help appreciated thanks Dave 

Hi Reecy I only know it's "Liverpool Merseyside " but anywhere  within area is not a problem for him to drop it in reason I don't want to mention dealer is its only what I've been told so would be un fair to put details on here thanks

I've personally paid around £20 for p&p. It's then around £25 each end (yours and the sellers) to cover the admin costs.

You sure the seller's quote didn't have admin fees and p&p all rolled together as one? If so, I'd say that's a fair deal.

If not, sounds to me like he's either trying to make an extra buck or isn't interested in the job.

no that used to be the case but the only way is via RFD to RFD , for firearms/shotguns a private person can send an air rifle to another person but  an RFD can only send an air rifle to private individuals via another RFD ,crazy but that's how it is thanks for help though

10 hours ago, Villadave59 said:

no that used to be the case but the only way is via RFD to RFD , for firearms/shotguns a private person can send an air rifle to another person but  an RFD can only send an air rifle to private individuals via another RFD ,crazy but that's how it is thanks for help though

I know about the sending to private parties, but thought an individual could still send to a nominated RFD, must have changed

Archived