Socks

Scotch_egg

On April 1st this year I had a boot nightmare whilst stalking heather moors. Admittedly I wasn’t wearing gators and my trousers were what I thought a reputable brand. 

After about half an hour my boots were full of water. The next day I had to buy boots because the la crosse were fubar. 

The cheap boots that were the only option were quickly overcome with water but the socks made a difference. 

Mernino changed my life. 

Now after reading all that drivel has any one used the Costco own brand Kirkland merino socks. They advertise 60% merino which is a high content.  I’m about to purchase but thought I would ask for opinions. Also I never gave socks the respect they deserve. They made a huge difference to me. 

45 minutes ago, Scotch_egg said:

?

I honestly never thought socks would be something so significant. I have seen no end of boot topics and nothing on the layer that actually provides contact with the skin. 

Two pairs every time if a long hike is involved unless its in hot climes ,for the UK  just some lightweight white gym types first and then some decent boot socks and off course some properly worn in boots , Lowa or Altberg for me , dont forget some foot powder if you are out for a few days or more.Some go a half size and even one size over , better that too tight.

Archived