Praise for Northants FLO team

20series

Big praise to Northants firearms team, Praise for FLO teams is often in short supply but credit where credits due this is proper service in my book.

I only work about 2 miles from their new office so I dropped in yesterday at 0900 with a 1 for 1 variation form having sold my Mosin and to replace with 308/7.62 x 51 slot, I'd also bought this week a .22 BSA.

They took a copy of my FAC and said keep the original saying we'll call when it's done and just come in to swap over which I thought was great in its self , then this morning at 0900 they called me to say it was all done and ready for collection 

Alan

• 4 months later...

Had a similar experience with Northants in August just before Bisley small-bore week. On the Tuesday I phoned Northants FLO to check that they would swap an unused 44 magnum slot for another .308/762 slot under a 1 for 1 and was told yes. Explained that I didn’t want to lose my FAC as I was off to Bisley on the Friday and needed to buy 5000 rounds of .22LR. Was told to bring my FAC and variation form to the office where they would copy the FAC and return my cert. I went straight to the office on the Tuesday afternoon. Everything was done and went home to wait for Bridget to sign off on the job and print my new ticket. Thursday...just two days and I got a call to collect my new FAC. Brilliant Job. I sent Bridget (flo manager) a congratulatory email expressing my gratitude for a superb service by her and her staff.

4 hours ago, BobSki said:

Had a similar experience with Northants in August just before Bisley small-bore week. On the Tuesday I phoned Northants FLO to check that they would swap an unused 44 magnum slot for another .308/762 slot under a 1 for 1 and was told yes. Explained that I didn’t want to lose my FAC as I was off to Bisley on the Friday and needed to buy 5000 rounds of .22LR. Was told to bring my FAC and variation form to the office where they would copy the FAC and return my cert. I went straight to the office on the Tuesday afternoon. Everything was done and went home to wait for Bridget to sign off on the job and print my new ticket. Thursday...just two days and I got a call to collect my new FAC. Brilliant Job. I sent Bridget (flo manager) a congratulatory email expressing my gratitude for a superb service by her and her staff.

Obviously excellent service is the standard 

West Mercia have been pretty good for me too. Had a serious delay on renewal last year but they were undergoing significant change and they kept me informed along the way. 

Recent variation went very smoothly despite me making it complicated after I changed my mind half way through, but they couldn’t be more helpful on the phone.

As you say, credit where credits due, they do a thankless job really.

Archived