UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
Sign in to follow this  
Blacknsilver

Edgewood rear bag

I looked at a SEB one while at bisley yesterday.one of the ftr/f classer shooters I know had one.looked to be a quality product.the gun pimp knows about quality rear bags.you can trust whatever he says ;)

Just remember if you go for the SEB big foot it will not work well with a pistol grip (the slope is forward.) the Edgewood minigator grab bag is slope backwards

3 hours ago, No i deer said:

I looked at a SEB one while at bisley yesterday.one of the ftr/f classer shooters I know had one.looked to be a quality product.the gun pimp knows about quality rear bags.you can trust whatever he says ;)

I knew you were looking at what you could have away out the back of my Jeep when my back was turned😁😁

3 hours ago, No i deer said:

Edgewood are just about the best 'off the shelf' bags - the SEB ones don't really compare. A few years ago I 'hosted' Seb himself at the F Class Europeans - he naturally wanted to shoot with his own bag but even he switched to my Edgewood.

But there are so many styles - what exactly are you looking for Blacknsilver?  Example - you wouldn't really want a Gator?

Interestingly, Gary Costello of March Scopes UK has some new bags from Italy - they are really special - Italian leather.  You can just about make it out in the pic.

DSC_2585.JPG

8 hours ago, justin credible said:

I knew you were looking at what you could have away out the back of my Jeep when my back was turned😁😁

I will wear a baggier coat next time with bigger pockets 😂

11 hours ago, The Gun Pimp said:

Edgewood are just about the best 'off the shelf' bags - the SEB ones don't really compare. A few years ago I 'hosted' Seb himself at the F Class Europeans - he naturally wanted to shoot with his own bag but even he switched to my Edgewood.

But there are so many styles - what exactly are you looking for Blacknsilver?  Example - you wouldn't really want a Gator?

Interestingly, Gary Costello of March Scopes UK has some new bags from Italy - they are really special - Italian leather.  You can just about make it out in the pic.

DSC_2585.JPG

Good question on which bag. 

Not 100% sure. I have a Whiskey 3 Chassis and an Atlas bipod on the front of a on .223 which it will be used for until the creedmoor comes along. It will be a 50/50 on bench and prone. If I can get one to suit. The bench is my local club where it’s a 100 yard tunnel. 

I am going to Altcar on Sunday for the first time. 

My rear bag is a TAB gear one. Looking for a more stable and secure one. 

Open to any help. 

And once  you have found the right rear bag just make sure it has the correct stitch ( gap between the two ears) 3/8, 1/2 or 3/4

I have had two Edgewoods and both have leaked  around the seams.

4 hours ago, Blacknsilver said:

Good question on which bag. 

Not 100% sure. I have a Whiskey 3 Chassis and an Atlas bipod on the front of a on .223 which it will be used for until the creedmoor comes along. It will be a 50/50 on bench and prone. If I can get one to suit. The bench is my local club where it’s a 100 yard tunnel. 

I am going to Altcar on Sunday for the first time. 

My rear bag is a TAB gear one. Looking for a more stable and secure one. 

Open to any help. 

OK - consider this.  You are using a 'fixed' Atlas bi-pod as opposed to a joypod - with movement.  Therefore, you must use the rear bag (shuffling it fore and aft) to make small adjustments - or, you can squeeze the bag to make these adjustments.

Some bags are very stiff and solid and difficult to squeeze - so you end up shuffling.  Fairly easy on a bench but not so off a shooting mat or grass or both in the heat of competition.

I have three Edgewoods which I use off the bench - but not off the grass.  For that I use a small cordura squeezy bag.  Your TAB would be ideal off the grass.

4 hours ago, Elwood said:

And once  you have found the right rear bag just make sure it has the correct stitch ( gap between the two ears) 3/8, 1/2 or 3/4

I have had two Edgewoods and both have leaked  around the seams.

How do you know which size gap you need between the ears...?

If you have a round bottom butt-stock it doesn't really matter - it will nicely settle itself where it touches.

The problem is with a square-bottom stock - you don't want it to actually ride on the stitching - rather just off it.  Not always easy to achieve.  Best to try a few friends bags before you buy.

Measure the bottom of the stock where it rides the rear bag,

The try before you buy is the way forward with this item I think. I did t realise it was that precise on the gap. 

You have been a great help. 

5 hours ago, Elwood said:

Measure the bottom of the stock where it rides the rear bag,

I was asking for the audience as well as being curious myself.