Ban on "rapid firing rifles, and certain powerful firearms and bump stocks, which increase a rifles’ rate of fire"

phaedra1106uk

Is this yet another Knee jerk reaction,by parliament if these thugs want to shoot you or stab you THEY WILL.

All hand guns have been banned  from the general public since 1996 but gangland shooting still goes on with Handguns,having knifes with a blade over 3ins has also been banned for some time BUT  the use of large Rambo style knife are used daily in these attacks.Banning legally held Guns is not the answer!

i was asked this evening if the ban affected straight pull rifles or ruger precision rifles or any other type black rifle my answer was i dont know .does any have a definitive answer ?

I don't realy know if anyone has a definitive answer until we see how things have come into law. From the information released so far, mostly prior and during the consultation,  tactical bolt action rifles, unless MARS actions, should not be effected as it is the actions being targeted.  As semi-auto are already banned, that really only seems to leave MARS actions.  I have not heard or read anything suggesting that the proposals also covered straight pull actions.  If they banned tactical bolt actions they'd have to ban all bolt actions because there's no sense in discriminating on anything other than action type.  Whilst I don't think that Blaser owners and tactical type rifle owners need worry just yet, one thing that we can't predict is where exactly the government will yet go with this until it's done.  They seem to be at the whim of the Home Office and Police on these matters more now than ever in the past.

Archived