Sign in to follow this  
Woodlander

Your favourite Nightforce reticle

I use mine for 300-500 yard target/varmint and have an NXS with the NP-2DD reticle. I've used other Nightforce rets but find a dot type ret easier to use than a crosshair.  I always dial rather than holding over. 

What're your favourite Nightforce reticles and why?

Honestly, none and that’s why I moved away from them. The new Mil C if you twisted my arm but the long awaited improvement in their reticle designs never came through at SHOT this year. 

moar, using it i have things shot before i really know i have seen the cross,  to me it seems to be instinctive.  i use turrets rather than hold over marks

CH-3 for me .... Works great from Foxing to F Class , totally uncluttered and so precise

OSOK

For vermin control I like the original, basic NP-1 ret for its simplicity, uncluttered view and fine centre cross, so that's what sits atop my .223.  I  prefer the Mil-hash G2DMR and S&B P4F rets for target and LR work.

I favour the NP-2DD as having astigmatism I find focusing and using a dot ret much easier than a cross hair.I do also have a MOAR T NXS which do be honest I just liked the look of but regardless of RET I just dial everthing.My Sako 22 PPc and Annie rimfire both have Leupolds with their CPC Dot rets.,,,,I,m a Dot man I guess they just seem so much more "planted" on whatever its held on,,,,,,,,,,O

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:38 PM, OSOK said:

CH-3 for me .... Works great from Foxing to F Class , totally uncluttered and so precise

OSOK

And me!...unfortunately discontinued now, best ret Nightforce have made IMHO...glad I've got one! 

ruger , I managed to get three over time .... two  5.5-22x50's  &  a  12-42x56 I couldn't believe it when they stopped doing this ret .

The only thing i wasn't able to do with it was to attach a PVS-14 as it was too fine to pick up clearly .

OSOK