At last a perfect afternoon for varminting

trucraft

Finally the sun has come out and I managed to grab a couple of hour to sit out and knock over some rabbits and crows.

I've spent the last part of the deer season only out with my 7mm so it was a nice opportunity today to take the 6x47L out and enjoy the weather.

Unfortunately in a few weeks the grass will be long and make things that much harder.

IMG_20180406_152643152.jpg

52 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Very nice rifle. 

Great sport sniping crows and rabbits at longer ranges. Looks like that 6.5x47 will do the job. 

This is the 6mm x 47L shooting Amax.

I haven't really stretching it further than 300m on vermin but still loads of fun. 

Hopefully with weather improving I'll be able to get out more.

1 hour ago, Catch-22 said:

Very nice stock - lovely grain and I like the cheek piece. It's a Tikka T3 right? Who may I ask made the stock?

cheers

Thanks.

I'd forgotten how sweet the grain pops with the sun on it.B):wub:

Yes it's a T3.

The stock was shaped for me by Gary Cane from a Walnut blank I found.

Heres a write up I did a while back.

https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php/140803-Revamping-my-Tikka

How do you find the 6x47 for vermin control, I’ve rarely used larger than 22 cf for this finding the lighter frangible bullets pretty adequate out to 300.

The T3 looks lovely,  Gary’s stock work is exceptional, he has done a few stocks for me on custom builds I’ve made.

Beautiful rifle, and what a stunning blank. I believe that type of pattern is known as "crotch feathering " and it usually shows on wood, cut down from the very base of the tree.

4 hours ago, Ronin said:

How do you find the 6x47 for vermin control, I’ve rarely used larger than 22 cf for this finding the lighter frangible bullets pretty adequate out to 300.

The T3 looks lovely,  Gary’s stock work is exceptional, he has done a few stocks for me on custom builds I’ve made.

I have no problems with the 6mm for this sort of work and the 105Amax do a good job on small stuff. They don't have the splat value of the lighter .22 cal varmint bullets. However this is my do all caliber/rifle and gets used for Deer, fox, vermin and gongs and for me it ticks all the boxes.

Gary's stock work is great.

I wanted to do as much as possible on this one so he just shapped and inlet it and left me to stipple, sand and oil it.

This combo could do 1K no trouble at all ;)who built that very nice rifle ? 

Archived